Help! no programme data.

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by ndcdavis, Sep 6, 2007.

1. ndcdavis

ndcdavis New Member

Jul 8, 2007

Advertisements

Can anyone help?

I use TiVO with Freeview (Wharfedale box). Tivo has larger HD and also a cachecard.

My channel numbers have been all scrambled (there's another thread on this but most of the thread seems to be about HDDs :confused: ).

I (mistakenly) thought this was a TiVo error, and stupidly did a "clear programme date and to do list" (thus losing my data, to do list, suggestions, wishlists and season passes - :( )

Anyway, I then loaded programme data. But there still isnt any!

System settings tell me that the last call succeeded and programme dguide data is to 26 Sept 07 but every channel says "to be announced".

Can anyone help?

(PS can anyone also advise on how I do a reset of the wharefdale box which is what I should have done to start with!!!)

Thanks, Nick

2. Automan

Automan Ex TiVo User

Oct 29, 2000
    South...
    Another thread did mention the old uk tivo servers were having problems yesterday so maybe you picked a bad time?

Also did you get your post code correct?

May also be worth forcing the daily call and waiting a while to see if you get any program data.

Automan.

3. AMc

AMc Active Member

Mar 22, 2002
    East of England
    Don't panic just do an "add channels" on your Wharfedale Freeview box - that worked for me - if not then you may need to do a complete rescan all channels but I didn't and I have (probably) the same Freeview box (see below).

How to sort your channels out...
    Press "Aux" on the Tivo remote to get the live TV signal without a delay.
    On the Wharfedale remote "Menu>Installation>Add new channels>Automatic>Yes"

Once the guide data has downloaded it will take Tivo's 50MHz processor quite a while to sort out 21 days data for all the Freeview channels. If Tivo shows the call succeeded in the phone information page then I would give it few hours before you panic.

4. ndcdavis

ndcdavis New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Thanks for the tips - finally sorted.

However my error in the reset of tivo means that I have lost soft padding etc, so I guess I'll have to dig out the instructions and reinstall this.