Help, no picture, no sound and tivo moving slow

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by starks9630, Jan 13, 2006.

1. starks9630

starks9630 New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Worked fine last night. Today, it's moving through the menus really slow, and when I go to watch live tv, the picture is black and there's no sound. All my connections are the same and they are all secure. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    First thing to try with problems like this is to reboot your Tivo .... disconnect power, wait 30-sec, reconnect power. If that doesn't help, post back with more information about:

* brand/model Tivo
    * brand/model TV
    * what's your video source (cable, cable box, satellite receiver)?
    * how is the video source connected to your Tivo (cables, connectors, inputs/outputs)?
    * how is the Tivo connected to your TV (cables, connectors, inputs/outputs)?

3. starks9630

starks9630 New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    i unplugged it, went out to dinner, came home and plugged it back in. it's working again now, do you think this will be a problem that will continue?

I have the series 2, 40 hour tivo

4. starks9630

starks9630 New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    i just got the "wait 3 hours" green screen

5. xnevergiveinx

xnevergiveinx New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    sounds like your hard drive is dead/dying.
    look on the bright side
    replace it with a huge one, a 40 hour tivo will love a 250 gig drive!

6. starks9630

starks9630 New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    i just spoke to tech support, she didn't sound to confident. she said if it happens again, they'll exchange it. i don't want to open it up and put in a new hd, i've only had it 2 months, it shouldn't be doing this and I don't want to void the warannty, it looks like i'll need it.

7. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    Do yourself a favor and don't wait til it happens again. Exchange it now when you don't have to pay anything. after 90 days you will have to pay a "labor" charge. If you had this problem now it will go bad later! (I speak from experience!)