help- netflix gone from main menu (14.8c)

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by delta99, Sep 11, 2011.

1. delta99

delta99 New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Hi All, I am not sure if its the new sw of something else. I lost the NETFLIX and HULU menu items from my shows which used to show up till yesterday. I checked the internet connection and it connects to the service just fine; Network diag are fine but NETFLIX and HULU are gone!. I cannot find them in any other menus either. Rebooted the Tivo once but still no luck. Any ideas on how to get the Netflix functionality back? Thanks in advance, Andi

2. dmoss

dmoss New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Same here

3. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    settings->channels->video provider list

uncheck then recheck netflix...

4. delta99

delta99 New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Thanks shamilian for your help.

This seems to be a very user friendly feature. It gets rid of the the settings you had (Like Netflix dissapearing) and you get a 50-50% chance of getting what you want. When I tried to check/uncheck amazon, netflix and hulu - It took me 3-4 tries to get the right ones to show up on the main menu. Amazon still does not show up no matter what I do. Plus you get a bonus - you don't have a DONE (Right) on the new Provider screen. you check/uncheck the selection and then cannot press right to get done like every other screen. you have to go back and hope it took it. I bet this is the new customers test first program :)

I got netflix to show up so Im good to go. Thanks, Andi

5. tazmandman

tazmandman New Member

Sep 10, 2011

This fixed my problem with all of the video providers not showing up...

Thank you shamilian!

6. Counsel

Counsel New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Outside Chicago
    I am having a similar problem, but I cannot get anything to show up in my video provider list.... any ideas?

7. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    TiVo is supposed to be having some type of outage that is affecting some boxes. You need to either call in and log a case or email support through the website.

It is affecting most of us who bought Elites this weekend but also supposed to be affecting some Premieres.

8. timatkn

timatkn New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    I have had this problem a coupel of times over the last year, usually after an update. IT was resolved by goign to the video providers section or rebooting. If not I'd call TIVO. It always fixed iotself pretty easily in the past.

T

9. Wingershute

Wingershute New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    while in TiVo central press thumb :thumbsdown: press thumb :up: then play 2x or press thumb :thumbsdown: press thumb :up: then pause 2x

10. stinastina

stinastina New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Atlanta
    I have a premier but I don't have a video provider list option under channels.