Help- Need Hex Codes For Switching DVR

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by rocker1793, Jul 25, 2007.

1. rocker1793

rocker1793 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    I am trying to program the buttons from the tivo remote to a universal remote. All of the buttons are being programed to the remote except for the dvr 1 and 2 switch. To program these buttons I need the hex code for the dvr switch but i dont even know what it is. Can someone please help me to find the hex code. Thanks alot!!! :)

2. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    The DVR 1-2 switch doesn't have any 'hex code'. It doesn't send a signal, it is is an internal switch that changes the code page in the remote itself. Think of the TiVo peanut as two remotes in one body. Each remote can be set to a unique code page, which is that the addresses 0-9 indicate. All the switch does it tell the remote which identity to behave as.

So you can't program it into your universal. You'd need to program two identities into the universal and switch between them however it allows you to do that - IF it does at all.

3. bobharp

bobharp Member

Jan 17, 2003
    What universal remote are you using?

If you are attempting this with a Harmony remote, look at this LINK .

4. CharlesH

CharlesH Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Sacramento...
    It took me a while to realize that the "1" and "2" on the remote have nothing to do with which code page is used on that setting. The "1" setting can send code page 6, and the "2" setting can send code page 1. The default code page is "0", which is the "wild card" page, which TiVos will accept regardless of their setting.

5. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    To clarify for the OP:
    Program them into a universal remote works fine, but as megazone says, you need to set them up as two different components - you can not program the 1-2 switch.

First set the "peanut" remote up correctly with the 1-2 switch, then just set the switch to "1" and program the universal for a "TiVo 1", then switch to to "2" and program the universal for a "TiVo 2".

This is for a learning remote - I have no idea how to do it any other way. :)