Well, add me to the list of people who have had their tivos stop working after an upgrade . Mine now won't update. I should have known this would happen - the hard drive started clicking very sporadically a little over a year ago. It worked just fine though. Oh well. Here is our current situation. 1 DT tivo - purchase last year for $19.95 1 yr commitment, monthly afterward at $16.95 1 Sony SVR 3000 series 2 - $6.95 no commitment [this is the broken Tivo] FINALLY got them networked (wired) 2 weeks ago. MRV was nice as was tivo to go. Split using a nework hub between the 2 boxes. Cable - Family + cable - NO BOX. Very happy without it. We'd like a few of the stations that are now digital only, but aren't willing to pay the $5 per month + losing the freedom of the DTs at this point in time. Future plans - we will upgrade to HDTV and purchase at least 1 new Tivo. We are waiting since we want to redo everything when it's time and don't want to buy and HD Tivo now since we expect the technology to change and/or get less expensive. We expect this will be about a year away or when the cable company moves too many channels to digital only. What should we do re: the broken Tivo? -We can get a brand new one from Tivo.com for $99 and a 1 year commmitment. Seems like a decent deal, and I would expect the current DT to go to $6.95 per month. Am I correct? -We can purchase a new hard drive from weaknees for $149 and continue on our merry way until we're ready to redo everything. We do not need more tuners nor do we need more recording time. Between the 2 machines we have 260 hours of recording time and not enough time watch it I'm thinking a brand new Tivo might be the way to go and want to make sure I"m not missing anything. I don't want our monthly costs to go up even more and would like to remain as flexible as possible.