Help...I have to Manually Assign IP address every time

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by aseminolepirate, Jan 17, 2006.

1. aseminolepirate

aseminolepirate New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Tallahassee

Advertisements

I'll save you the long story and just suffice it to say that when I first hooked up TIVO to my network, I could make daily calls, but couldn't transfer shows or view photos or music...

Multiple calls to TIVO support and hours spent on here didn't help, but I did stumble onto something that helped. When I go into my network places and right click on my local area network, under properties I see my IP address listed...

But my TIVO can't see my PC and my PC can't connect to my TIVO...

BUT... if I go in, and manually change my TCP/IP settings (ie... change it to 192.168.1.102) close out of there by clicking OK and then go back in and change it back to 192.168.1.2 then VOILA, suddenly my TIVO can see my PC, all my published music and Galleon show up, and my PC can retrieve my now playing list as well.

BUT... if I leave the music menu on my TIVO, and go back in, they can no longer see each other...

The good news is I can make it work when I need to... the problem is that I KNOW this isn't the way it's supposed to work... can anyone help me out here???

Thanks

Jeff

2. petew

petew Active Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Pittsburg, CA
    What make and model of router do you have. What are the network settings on your Tivo set to?

3. aseminolepirate

aseminolepirate New Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Tallahassee
    I have a Linksys BEFSR41 V3 wired router, a Netgear FA120 usb adapter and I'm not sure what you are asking for as far as what my network setting for TIVO are... the only way I was able to get Tivo to recognize the PC was to specify a Static IP address for it... that address is 192.168.1.2 My tivo's address on the newtork is 192.168.1.102...

Let me know what you suggest and I'll try it...

Thanks