Help! Endless reboots - bad To Do List?

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by UpLate2, Aug 20, 2007.

1. UpLate2

UpLate2 New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    I have a DSR6000 with an upgraded 160GB drive (done a year ago using MFSTools2.0). A few days ago I was making several changes to the To Do List when the unit rebooted into an endless Welcome-Almost There-reboot cycle. I tried the Kickstart codes 58 and 52, but after they executed the reboots resumed. Because the drive is relatively new and I can access it in my Linux box I don't think that it is failing, and I know that the rest of the hardware works because it is fine with my old drives in it.

Through looking at the log files and a lot of web searching, I think that the To Do List data (and maybe the Guide data) has a problem and needs to be cleared (tverr reports TmkAssertionFailure[127]: (Audit, line 31 ())). Since the unit doesn't boot, I need a way to clear the data offline. Does anyone know of a way to clear the To Do List and Guide data with the drive installed in my Linux box, or maybe through modifying the rc.sysinit? Any other suggestions? I want to save the recordings, so a fresh reinstall is out of the question. Thanks.

2. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    It's probably possible to clear the todo list using mfs-utils in a pc, but that would probably be overly complicated. The changes you made shouldn't end up with a reboot loop. Honestly, you'll probably need to start over with a new image/drive. Being in the todo list when it began is probably just a coincidence.

3. UpLate2

UpLate2 New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    I've got the Tivo running again with an old disk, so that is not a problem, but I would really like to get to the shows I had recorded on the problem disk. I got the mfs_utils and can run them on my Linux box, but I cannot find any instructions. Do you know where I could find info on using the mfs_utils? Thanks.