Help! Colbert Report Episodes

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Polcamilla, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Polcamilla

Polcamilla -b±√(b^2 - 4ac)/2a

Nov 7, 2001

Advertisements

I'm looking for absolutely any full episodes of The Colbert Report that my son can acquire/watch (in any medium).

His college AV club wants to do a Colbert-Report-esque political comedy show and while he has been able to find short clips, Comedy Central doesn't have the episodes available for streaming and there was never any reason to do a DVD/Blu-ray release. He wants to be able to analyze the basic structure/format of the shows so he really wants to find access to full episodes from any date on any topic.

If anyone can point us in the right direction, it's you guys!

Thanks!

2. lambertman

lambertman Chris Lambert, man

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    There are some full eps on dailymotion. search “colbert report” and scroll past a bunch of clips.

Polcamilla likes this.
  3. Polcamilla

Nov 7, 2001
    Perfect, thank you! We just finished up an episode.

4. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    If you ever come across an episode where Colbert makes a joke about an old white, Jewish guy and holds up a picture of him, would you let me know the episode number? My sister hates Colbert, because she swears that the man in the photo is my late biological father and that this joke was not long after he died. She said she even sent the show a letter complaint and got an apology.

I tried finding the episode a while back, but couldn't. I know it's a long shot, but if you stumbled across it and could jot it down, that would be amazing.

Thanks,

deb

5. Polcamilla

Nov 7, 2001

Advertisements

Uh...sure. I'll keep an eye out for it, but I remember that he used to do a Yom Kippur apology segment every single year, so he might have done that more than once?

6. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sincerely, best of luck. That style of comedy is incredibly hard to do well.

7. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I don't think that's what it was, because she would've remembered the context. If you happen to see it, great. If not, that's ok too. :)

deb

8. Polcamilla

Nov 7, 2001
    Agreed. If they pull it off, then everyone on the project will end up with a reel that will prove some pretty amazing experience.

They were originally going to do a 3-person sitcom-type show, but pivoted because talking head comedy can be filmed/edited remotely during pandemic isolation.

9. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    iTunes has a limited selection of episodes for $1.99 each.

Polcamilla likes this.