Help! Before I call D* - Guide data gone

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by annenoe, Sep 22, 2008.

1. annenoe

annenoe He's a Smooth Fox

Oct 19, 2003
    Mountain...

Advertisements

Just tried to check Season Passes. At the bottom of the screen is an ominous message "Acquiring Program Guide Data from the satellite - Some data available now - full data in 1-2 days" WTF???

Everything is working normally, my sys messages show all my connects worked but guide data is only good up to yesterday. Sure enough when I look at the guide live, I don't have anything past today at around 4 pm and my to-do list is completely blank. Being that this is the week all my fav comedies are premiering, and being that I don't trust my D* DVR and use my Hr10 as backup, this is a major problem.

I'm afraid to call D* - they'll just tell me my HR10-250 is no good and don't I want to upgrade and blah, blah, blah...

Anyone have any idea what's going on???

2. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Reboot the reciever.
    This will flush the bad guide data and it will start filling up with new.

phox

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Or make a simple change in a show priority in the Season Pass Manager.

4. annenoe

Oct 19, 2003
    Mountain...
    Did the reboot and that sort of got it started again - I'm seeing more guide but some shows are "no title available".

Now I can see some shows in the guide (e.g., Ugly Betty premiere on Thursday) but my SP did not update. I tried making a change to Ugly Betty SP but still showing no episodes.

Also tried to change priority - still no luck.

When I do a search, it's not seeing Ugly Betty, even tho' I can see it in the guide so I can't even delete and re-add the SPs.

System messages say everything is OK and I've got guide data out until Oct 1st. This is way f'd up...

Please tell me there's a better way than deleting and starting all over???

5. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA

Advertisements

wait a few hours to see if it gets better/populates

6. annenoe

Oct 19, 2003
    Mountain...
    Yep - plan not to panic until tomorrow.

One other interesting bit of info. All my SPs are set up to record on the x-1 channels (e.g., Ugly Betty on 7-1 in SF Bay Area). It seems not to be able to see any of the x-n channels so I'm going to repeat setup and see if that kicks it into gear.

Update: No change after repeat guided set up.

7. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    are all your signals strong?

8. annenoe

Oct 19, 2003
    Mountain...
    Update: All is back to normal. I still have no idea what happened but I did two restarts (the first one got the satellite load working again). Then I redid guided set up.

Then I took Newsposter's suggestion to just leave it alone and now (4 hours later), it's all back.

Just one of those things.

Thanks for all your advice!

9. hiker

hiker S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Nov 29, 2001
    SF Bay Area...
    This happened to one of my HR10's over the past weekend. A reboot and a day later all is back to normal. My other HR10's did not have the problem, so at first, I thought I had a failing one. If it was a glitch in the guide data coming through the stream you would think all receivers would have the problem. :confused:

10. annenoe

Oct 19, 2003
    Mountain...
    I have an HR21-700 which was working fine. (One of the nice things about both boxes - I can check to see if problem is universal). As my husband says, "every now and again it just loses its mind". I'm sure it's just one of those random things that happens and no one is quite sure why - but it eventually works itself out.