Hell's Kitchen Weirdness

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hot4Bo, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    My One Pass did not pick up the new episode tonight. I saw it in the guide and set it to record. My One Pass Manager shows no new episodes. I was able to create a new One Pass for the new show tonight.

Like I said, weird.

2. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Tampadelphia...
    Very common with the new Rovi guide data. I would check ALL season passes to double check and see if they need to be re-created. Some of mine workd fine. Others did not, including THIS one.

On another, point, was it me or did they change the prize. I thought the prize was a $250,000 SALARY as a head chef in one of Gordon's restaurants.

I believe he NOW said the prize was the head chef position and a PRIZE of $250,000.

That's not the same thing..............or is it?

3. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Crap! Nor did mine. :( I didn't realize the new season was already upon us, so it wasn't in my radar.

It shows it as 'new' with the correct OAD.

In checking the Guide, I see there is a re-airing tonight and I also see that it's not picking up the new one for next week.

Guess I'll do the same and create a new pass. *sigh* This guide stuff is getting tedious. It's been long enough. I could write a book with things that are still messed up.

Thank You for the heads up! :)

4. Hot4Bo

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    You're welcome. I seriously only found it by mistake.

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    The good thing is that we have always been able to depend upon our Tivos to let us know when new seasons of our shows begin.

The bad thing is that we depend on our Tivos to let us know...etc. Now, with this new Rovi data thing for guide info, it's been a total clusterfork, :D ('The Good Place' reference) in so many ways.

I still have several channels that are on the wrong time zone. Have reported a few of them, over the last couple of weeks. One of those has been fixed, so far.

There have been a couple of shows that , even with a Pass, are not being picked up for recording. Shameless is one that comes to mind. It shows info for the British version, so I guess some coding snafu has it not being recognized as the same - or something.

6. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    Look at this stunning steak brought to you by Walmart. You're a donkey. Everyone come here, this fish is raw...raw ,<smash hand into plate and then throw in the garbage for effect>. All of you get out of here...NOW! 'x' and 'y' are up for elimination? 'b' get out of here, you're not <insert Ramsey restaurant that wouldn't hire any of these clowns ever> material.

and scene!

Now you don't need to watch the episode.

7. tcorning

tcorning Member

Nov 14, 2001
    South Shore...
    I noticed last week that my OnePass wasn't going to pick this up. When I went into the Details page in the OnePass, the description of the show was in Spanish, which I am guessing is why it wasn't seeing it as the same show.

I went through my 100+ OnePasses and checked them all, found a few in Spanish, and none of them were picking up upcoming episodes.

Ted

8. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    I don't think I've heard Ramsey call anyone a Donkey in several years. Really disappointing.

9. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
    this has essentially been the prize since the second or third season (the winners didn't last long), except I believe it is the prize money and then a short stint as a trainee basically.

10. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
  11. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Heads up. Tonight's show didn't record for me.

I just had to re-create this OnePass a second time.

The OP I created a week or two ago (to fix the broken Spanish-speaking one) isn't scheduled to record anything anymore.

12. natallica

natallica Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    Great! Looks like I missed the first 2 episodes, but the 3rd one is set to record. WTF Rovi?

13. Hot4Bo

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    My new OnePass recorded last night. So strange we all have different behavior.