Hell's Kitchen *Premiere OAD 6/12 ***Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Guindalf, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Guindalf

Guindalf Now with added dalf

Jun 13, 2001

Advertisements

"He won't break me"

Yeah right!

Knowing a lot more about Ramsay than I did last season makes this one all the more appealing. Looking forward to tonight's show...

2. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I love this show. Ramsey is just awesome.

3. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    that's a lot of waste!! :D

4. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I like that girl (Virginia?) that got burned and was still giving orders.

The sweaty guy is endearing in that tough New Yorker kinda way. But I wouldn't want him making my salad (can you say "ewwwww"?)

5. brookzy

brookzy New Member

Mar 26, 2003
    horicon

Advertisements

Virginia in the bathing suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I believe it was Heather who got burned. A nice start to the season. Mindless fun that I enjoy in the summer.

7. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    How did i not watch this show the first time around ?

Season pass'ed !

Now, did Garret put Giacomo & Tom up, knowing that Tom was a 'keeper' and therefore forces ramsey to dump giacomo, or was he just an idiot ?

It seems Ramsey did not agree with that choice :)

8. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    That's what I thought too. It just didn't seem like a logical choice to me :confused: I'm glad Chef Ramsey called him on it.

Poor ex-con having to "snitch" on two guys :p

I loved how Chef Ramsey put down the complaining customer that was asking for more pumpkin. "If you don't sit down I'll shove them up your $&@. Would you like them cubed?" :p ;) :D

9. Guindalf

Jun 13, 2001
    The guy (Cole?) that was dumped definitely had a personality transplant. From a TV show point of view, Tom or Giacomo certainly have more entertainment value potential.

10. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    What is the deal with the customers ? I would imagine that they *know* its a hell's kitchen thing .. and that there may be problems..

I expect they are coached from the invitation they get that they should complain about anything and everything.....

But then the 'pumpkin' converstation happened... and i thought 'maybe these people really are just asses' ?

11. barrettd

barrettd Boomer Sooner

Jun 14, 2003
    Oklahoma...
    This happened several times last year, too. I can't imagine that these diners aren't paid extras of some sort and encouraged to make a scene when things don't go well. No way that guy would walk back to the kitchen and ask a chef for something like more pumpkin in his dish. Ramsay is very funny when he gets after these people, but I think they're definitely encouraged to be vocal and annoying.

I'm so glad this show is back. Between this and Kitchen Nightmares, I should get plenty of Ramsay.

12. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I think the guy saw last years show and knew he would get some camera time if he had a talk with Ramsey.

Ramsey was really on his game during the first episode I was laughing my ass off the whole 2 hours. My only fear so far is there is no one worthy of winning it all in the whole group.

This summer is really shaping up between hells kitchen, rescue me, SciFriday, entourage, deadwood, last comic and sunny.

13. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    I also figured that even in LA, no one can be as much of an a-hole as the carrott guy. I loved the way Jean Phillippe looked at him and commented how he had eaten most of it.

I also think the people are pretty much losers this time. Maybe the girl who burned herself might work out though.

I have to wonder if these peopel saw the last show or know much about Ramsay. I would sign up if I were a budding chef, but I certainly would not think that I would not get beat down by him or that I would beat him down. :)

14. Guindalf

Jun 13, 2001
    I'm sure that's what most of them think. The thing you have to remember about Ramsay is that he is SO good that people will take it from him because he DOES know better. He's NOT a TV personality chef (in fact he derides them!), but a perfectionist who knows his stuff. He's probably the best chef in the world today and, just like if Linus Torsvald told a Linux programmer what to do, when he says "Jump", you say "How High?"!!

He also holds the key to your future and, I'm sure, there's a lot that goes on that you don't see that has an impact on the outcome.

15. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I really like the fact that although he's quite the hardass in the kitchen he isn't just being an a**h***. The second the woman burned her hand he was on top of that situation, making sure she had her hand in cold water, then ice, then telling her to go to the medics.

16. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    This is my first time watching it. Its fairly interesting because I've never been in a kitchen at a restaurant. Otherwise, all the action and controversy seems to come from Gordon acting like a dick. I'll keep watching -- mean people make for great TV.

17. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I miss Dirty-bowl Jimmy...........

18. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

That was a customer? I thought it was one of the waiters/runners that worked for the "restaurant".

While it's true that it is a TV show and the "customers" are extras/actors and know that it's a TV show that's setup to be a disaster, it's not really too wrong for them to expect the food to be as described in the menu. The show (and the guy doing the voice over) makes it very clear how exacting Chef Ramsey is and how he won't send out a dish unless it meets his standards. Clearly, something that shouldn't have been sent out was sent out. Was it done intentionally just so we could see someone make a scene? Possibly. Maybe even likely.

19. ireland967

ireland967 Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Chicago
    Ramsay is on top of his game, but I'd like to see more out of the competitors than what they showed in the premiere. I don't see how the producers could possibly have thought the caterer that was the first to be axed would make a potential executive chef.

20. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    I am kind of surprised that the prize is to be the executive chef somewhere. Ramsay hates the term.

If I lived in LA, I would have no problem going to Hell's Kitchen for food. I am sure it would en dup being good and since you are getting paid to eat all the better. It is probably best to not go the first few times they are open though. ;)

The next time we are in Vegas, my wife and I already decided we will be going to his place there. I keep meaning to check to see whether he has any other restaurants in teh US.