Hell's Kitchen - OAD 7/30/07 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TonyTheTiger, Jul 30, 2007.

1. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Well, Jen finally got hers.

I'm not sure who I wanted to see face Rock next week, but it should be interesting. It's by no means a lock and I guess it all depends on which of the other contestants each ends up with.

Jen WAS the only one to miss the test at the pass and, after her spaghetti fiasco, she should really have gone a while ago. Having said that, on a recent Top Chef, one of the contestants knocked over another's prepared mango and asked if he wanted some more cut or the stuff that hit the floor washed! :eek:

I guess more DOES go on behind the scenes than we actually see.

2. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I kinda thought (and kinda wanted) Bonnie to go home.

3. DLL66

DLL66 Member

Oct 20, 2002
    TN
    Glad to see Jen go. I think it is Rock's competition to loose at this point.

4. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I knew Jen was doomed as soon as she won the challenge.

I'm not sure there is any way Bonnie can win this, but I agree it does also depend on who is chosen as the sous chefs next week.

Should be a relatively interesting finale...at least as far as seeing how they yell and scream at those on their team when they screw up. :)

deb

5. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    This is the only area rock can lose. There is no service or cooking his advantage is gone. It will come down to who has a better sense of style and taste so advantage bonnie. I would say bonnie is the favorite going in to the final. Her weakness at cooking is no longer an issue.

Good episode jen deserved to lose I think ramsey got it right this week.

6. laststarfighter

laststarfighter New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I think Rock should win but I'm rooting for Bonnie since she is cuter. Plus she did do the best job at chewing out Ramsey. :D

7. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    All I could think about was the pasta in the trash. Goodbye, Jen.

8. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i guess she does have some fight in her..i think GR loved when she showed her dark side and chewed him out real well. Rock was so pansy about it. He should have just imagined he was yelling at one of the other competitors and he could have done just fine.

way to scare the blank out of everyone by lowering that noisy partition. :) I guess they had them stand in a particular place to avoid getting killed.

wouldnt that suck to have your mom not pick a dish you made?

9. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I actually think Bonnie has a legitimate shot at winning. All season they've referred to Bonnie as the nanny who did some cooking. Tonight she made it pretty clear that she isn't a nanny but a personal chef who does a little bit of babysitting. We know she's pretty creative with her dishes because being a personal chef you have to cook something different every night, there isn't a menu that you just stick with like in a restaurant. I think she actually has a lot more culinary experience than we've been lead to believe. For someone who is an executive chef, Rock didn't seem to run the pass as well as I thought he would.

10. jtlytle

jtlytle Un-Registered User

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    I was hoping that Bonnie and Jen are in the final two.

11. etexlady

etexlady Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2002
    East Texas
    By going first at running the pass, Jen was at somewhat of a disadvantage. Bonnie and Rock got a "heads up" from seeing that there would be an attempt to get plates past that were deficient in some way. Jen should have anticipated that would be done but the other two knew and were watching for it.

12. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Yes, but you'd think that if you were selected as a contestant for this show, you'd watch the previous series. This stunt was a "feature" of running the pass in both season 1 and 2!

13. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    My wife and I discussed this, but they've done the same thing on previous seasons. It's Jen's own fault if she didn't watch last season, and see that this would happen. Ultimately, as far as we know, Jen is the only one who also screwed up while cooking (the risotto), so maybe it was a combination of her cooking screwup, and her lax standards that got her cut.

14. ironchef

ironchef Smiley Averse

Dec 27, 2002
    I thought the same thing, and while I would have been watching the food my competitors were bringing up, I might have been less concerned with what the pros were providing. Oh well, you can't trust anyone.

15. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    yeah, he needs to tighten up.

16. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    not really.

17. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005

I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did after that.

18. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Not sure if the following needs to be spoilered, but I'm doing so in an abundance of caution since I'm anticipating the format of the finale episode based upon previous seasons. I guess it would be a spoiler for anyone that doesn't know how this show (or most reality shows, for that matter) works:

Kudos to Bonnie for having the foresight to ask Jen to be on her team while hugging Jen goodbye, immediately after Jen was dismissed by Ramsay, but I think it was still a little crass for her to do so. That having been said, I think that Bonnie has probably burned fewer bridges during the course of the competition as compared to Rock, so she'll probably have a more willing team helping her out. That may wind up making all the difference. I wonder if the crying cowboy guy will be back, and whose team he'll wind up on?

So glad Jen's gone. I wasn't able to let go of the "pasta garbage incident," though it doesn't appear that it had any real impact on Ramsay's decision.

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    I was predicting that Jen was going to win. Apparently not.
    I think Rock will win as long as he can resist blowing his top again, but I have no reason to count out Bonnie.

With the first pick of the 2007 Hell's Kitchen Draft...Rock picks...Aaron. :up:

20. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Exactly