Hell's Kitchen 8/7 No Show?

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by NinerK, Aug 8, 2006.

1. NinerK

NinerK New Member

Oct 10, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Wow, I thought this woulda been discussed by now. The SF Giants game was on last night and no HK; anyone know if FOX-KTVU will air the episode?

I saw HK on early but it said "Repeat"; was this wrong?

TIA

2. mportuesi

mportuesi As seen on TV

Nov 10, 2002
    San...
    In the SF Bay Area, they put the Giants game on KTVU, and showed Hell's Kitchen on KICU (36 OTA, cable 6) instead. TiVo Season Passes are tied to one channel, so TiVo didn't follow the channel switch.

I only discovered this because I was sitting in front of the TV while HK was on, and asked myself "Why isn't my TiVo recording?" Fortunately, I only missed the first five minutes of the show.

It looks like they're doing this next week too.

3. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I hate KTVU doing this and it will get worse as the playoffs approach.
    Thats what happens when the station is not O&O.

To me if they have the rights to exclusive distribution they should have to follow the network programming period.

4. NinerK

NinerK New Member

Oct 10, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    thanks guys, yep no doubt about it that was a bummer. I guess I'll mosy back to the show discussion to see what happened.

KTVU probably did this for one reason; ratings. Giants are a big draw in SF. I don't know why though, as they are not very entertaining this year.

5. mportuesi

mportuesi As seen on TV

Nov 10, 2002
    San...
    For what it was worth, the Giants game on KTVU last night was the first in HD this year. That might have been part of the reason why.

There's another game on KTVU tonight in HD as well.

6. mportuesi

mportuesi As seen on TV

Nov 10, 2002
    San...
    KTVU HD schedule

KTVU games in HD:
    8/8 @ Arizona 6:30p
    8/14 @ San Diego 7p
    8/15 @ San Diego 7p
    8/18 vs Dodgers 7p
    8/22 vs Arizona 7p
    9/15 @ St. Louis 5p
    9/18 @ Rockies 5:30p
    9/26 vs Arizona 7pm
    9/29 vs Dodgers 7pm

7. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    Fox usually reruns the previous week's Hell's Kitchen (8PM eastern) before the new one (9PM eastern). I lucked out because I had VH1's spoiled rich people show higher on the wish list than ol' Gordon. He called the VH1 show a F****** donkey and was quickly bumped up. :)

8. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I've been queuing up the Hell's kitchen episodes to watch later. When I saw the thread for the Finale I looked to see if it had recorded, and it wasn't there. This is my first official "Burn in Hell Fox(affiliate)!" post. What kind of friggin idiots would replace a series season finale for a stupid ass baseball game there's going to be 80 of more in the next few months? I guess I could see sports idiots having to get their fix, but you'd think they'd at least show the pre-empted episode later in the evening. Channel 36? Get real!

I guess I bunch of guys in suits sat around a table and though this would be a fun way to screw with TiVo people who skip their commercials.