Hell's Kitchen - 8/6/07 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Roadblock, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Aug 7, 2007 #1 of 32
    Roadblock

Roadblock New Member

Apr 5, 2006

Advertisements

My apologies if there's a thread already, but I don't see it. Anybody still watching?

They did a good job of making it seem like Bonnie might actually win it. I hate the way they do the taste-test challenges. They should separate the food from the chefs, not have them standing there trying to sell it. Bonnie's cute, that had to count for at least 1 vote.

Guys against girls again at the end, eh? Josh and Vinnie over Julia, seriously?

I'm still going with Rock to win, despite the Bonnie boost in this episode.

2. Aug 7, 2007 #2 of 32
    Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    My wife said they should have hidden who made what - I say if you couldn't figure that out you're not so bright. ;)

3. Aug 7, 2007 #3 of 32
    Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    So the blond bimbo had a devious plan all along, eh? Good for her! I hope she wipes the floor with Rock, despite his seriously cute children and rage to riches storyline.

They made Rock appear really inept at designing his restaurant- jeans? Are you kidding? Jean Phillipe set him straight on that one, but I am sure he left plenty of slack in the rope yet :D

I am sure Bonnie's side will look better, and that her menu will hold up better. Rock often forgets that he is not serving his down home grits and gravy eating home crowd. But I know I've been manipulated by the editing so anything could happen. I just hope Bonnie steals it out from under him.

4. Aug 7, 2007 #4 of 32
    montag

montag New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    Well, the two dishes prepared tonight, "signature dishes" at at that, highlight what a joke these contestants are as cooks much less chefs.

5. Aug 7, 2007 #5 of 32
    newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA

Advertisements

so what did bonnie win again? i wasnt paying that much attention but even my wife said, ok, what did she win?

6. Aug 7, 2007 #6 of 32
    Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    They didn't say yet.... I don't think.

7. Aug 7, 2007 #7 of 32
    brookzy

brookzy New Member

Mar 26, 2003
    horicon
    She got to pick first!

8. Aug 7, 2007 #8 of 32
    TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    I agree with Rock on that. With the way Julia was carrying on, I'd be wary of choosing her too. Plus, I was surprised to see that Julia was rooting for Rock to beat Bonnie. Though, I suppose Bonnie choosing Melissa (who everyone HATED) over Julia had to be a slap in the face to Julia.

9. Aug 7, 2007 #9 of 32
    Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    The last of many slaps during this show. That woman's face must be sore by now.

10. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I think between Bonnie and Rock that Bonnie is more capable of handling the pressure of running her own restraunt. In last week's episode, she was the only one that really stood out in the assertiveness challange and really blew over Chef Ramsey with her btichiness. Then last night she seemed to excell over Rock in the designing and planning areas. I really think she's gonna win the whole thing.

11. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I love that Rock asked if he and his wife could go back to the dorms! ;)

I think they are just trying to build Bonnie up but Rock will win.

12. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Since I've never seen HK until this season, I was surprised they have to take those losers back.

Also, the chef who helped bonnie didn't seem all that thrilled to be working with her, nor did she seem to enjoy the hug.

13. GDG76

GDG76 . TCF Club

Oct 2, 2000
    I told my wife that if I were trying to win a show where a major part of it is cooking, I would put food out there that was a little more upscale than what you could order at a TGI Fridays.

You need to throw out some fancy words like gastrique, gelee, pan-seared, demi-glasse, etc. don't these people watch top chef too?

And fried chicken and crab cake- :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: as a combo.

14. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    well remember...they were in an unfamiliar kitchen with who knows what ingredients and they only had 30 minutes...that would have to limit you to what you could do.

15. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I don't think Mary Ann is much of a people person.

I know that GR does this show solely for the money, and I'll bet she, Scott, and Jean Philippe got similar deals.
    She's all business.

16. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    But they both said what their signature dish was prior to that, so I'm sure they had time to set it up ahead of time.

We don't know what was in bonnie's sauce. She said it was a little spicy and people seemed to like it. Sauce, homemade pasta, and properly cooked seafood can make a big difference in a pasta dish.

17. GDG76

GDG76 . TCF Club

Oct 2, 2000
    I thought Rock's signature dish included prepared gnocchi :)?

I still would have had made something more complicated than either of them did. Many times on Top Chef they are very limited in what they can use and they still come up with great dishes.

18. mportuesi

mportuesi As seen on TV

Nov 10, 2002
    San...
    They portrayed Bonnie as being quite certain about her choices and menu for her restaurant, and Rock as being uncertain and clueless in comparison.

If you were a contestant, wouldn't you have the plans for your finalist restaurant already worked out before you stepped on the set for show #1? As others have noted, wouldn't you have watched the first two seasons and know what to expect if you make it that far? Why would you wait until the very end to start thinking about competing as a finalist?

19. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    That's what's known as "the reality show conundrum".
    Partner to "editing to provoke drama".

20. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    For some reason I was watching this episode thinking that it was the finale. The way they glossed over the menu planning and resaurant designing I thought they gave the whole thing to Bonnie when she won that challenge.