Hell's Kitchen - 8/15/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Aug 15, 2011.

1. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    As much as I wish he would have thrown both of them out, I think he made the right choice.

Not sure who I would want to keep if it was between Elize and Carrie. Elize is a better cook, but her ego is pathetic. She is not perfect, as is evident by the dessert that she made and threw a fit over when it was excluded.

2. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I loved the "raw" bar that included cooked shrimp and crab!

3. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    ITA that Gordon made the right choice. One of the things that I do appreciate about this show is that Gordon usually, I could say nearly always, makes the right choice on eliminations.

I like when some of the people will sometimes nominate people just because they don't like them and want them out. Like they never saw this show? They don't know that Gordon will chose the proper candidates, then that just makes the choosers look worse for it? hehe

ITA on the 'raw seafood bar' deal. Maybe that's a Brit term for carting out the raw seafood, then it gets cooked at the table (?)...

4. smark

smark Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2002
    Denver, CO
    All I know is that Elize/Elise has her name tattooed on her boob and thus needs to go.

5. Honora

Honora Member

Oct 16, 2006
    If they were smart, Elise & Carrie would be shaken up by the fact that their little war almost got one or both of them thrown off (and his comments about their attitudes were spot on) and learn from it, but obviously from the coming attractions, it's not gonna happen.

6. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    A better term would have been a "cold seafood bar" as everything was already cooked it was just being served cold.

7. Grasshopper AZ

Grasshopper AZ Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Glendale, AZ
    I noticed this the other night :D I always wonder what posesses someone to do that. Not tatoos in general just ones like that.

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    She has to remember her name somehow.

(Just a joke - I don't even remember which woman that is.)

9. Cragmyre

Cragmyre Member

Mar 8, 2004
    So, I turn on the Food Network and an episode of Chopped is on. Guess who is on it? No, not Elise, but Will. A bit heavier than he is on Hell's Kitchen :) I won't spoil the ending of this episode of Chopped though :D

10. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    What episode was it? ie, what were some of the mystery ingredients? I'm wondering if I've seen this episode or not. I might have watched Will without realizing it (I don't remember him from Hell's Kitchen, either, so no surprise).

11. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Elizabeth was looking pretty good at the LV penthouse. Better than her usual confused look during dinner service.

12. Cragmyre

Cragmyre Member

Mar 8, 2004
    For the second stage they had to use Pork, Eggplant, some sort of Pepper, and Cola ( there may have been another ingrediant ). The desert was Orange, Grapefruit, Chocolate, and Bacon. I dont' remember the first stage, sorry.

13. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Thanks, I remember it now. (well, I had to do a search on the FN website). For the appetizer round, one of the ingredients was boxed macaroni and cheese. Will was an arrogant ass and used the pasta from the box, but refused to use the cheese sauce powder/mix. :rolleyes:

14. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I saw Chopped too last night. I noticed him right off and went to the Hell's Kitchen website to confirm.

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    BTW...I miss JP! Where is JP?!:

16. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I noticed he wasn't there either. But, there is a new season of The F Word that recently started and he's still on that one. Maybe he is staying in the UK for now (?)...

17. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    Unless this is an act, Elize is a train wreck. She'll be kept around because train wrecks are good for ratings, not because she has any redeeming value as a chef (like that matters on this show?). If she thinks this will be good for her chosen career, she's got another thing coming. After watching her performance, would you hire her? Unless you're in the market for a relatively incompetent cook with a huge ego that can't get along with others and will destroy any positive work atmosphere of any kitchen she works in.

18. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    I've said for weeks that if I ran a restaurant and Elise applied for a job, even as a dishwasher, I'd tell her to GTFO. I wouldn't need that kind of drama and stress in my kitchen.

19. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Her whole thing about just ignoring Carrie was unreal.

20. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I truly wonder what kind of a person married elise.