Hell's Kitchen 8-13-07 *Spoilers Possible*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DLL66, Aug 13, 2007.

1. DLL66

DLL66 Member

Oct 20, 2002
    TN
    I think Chef Ramsey made the right choice!

2. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Yup I do too. Another fun season. I like this show.

3. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    The final choice was a no brainer. Even Bonnie knew she didn't deserve to win. Frankly, I don't think any of the contestants on this season are close to being a head chef. I think main concern when picking Hells Kitchen contestants is their propensity to screw up and be ripped a new one by Ramsey. Compared to the people on Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen's contestants are not much more than dish washers.

4. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Right choice was made!! :)

5. genearch

genearch Community Organizer

Nov 29, 2000
    Kalamazoo
    No issues @ all with that choice. I would have been really disappointed if Bonnie won. I actually picked rock from the very beginning.

6. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    if they got the booths off the truck and installed all pretty in less than 30 minutes, that's great. Sometimes i think they edit just a tad too much to make it look frantic when it isn't.

I'm still waiting for the day both doors are open or locked.

7. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    If you base the decision on today's performance only, I guess rock deserved it. I thought bonnie's menu looked better, but it's hard to win when you run out of your signature dish and have two of them sent back.

8. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    So was I the only person disappointed with Julia's attitude?
    I used to really liked her a lot, but last night her behavior sucked balls. I thought she was better than that.

9. The Spud

The Spud Rather be cruising TCF Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Kent, WA
    I agree. We kind of got a hint of that last week, but it certainly erupted in this episode.

10. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Yep, I lost all respect for her between these two episodes.

11. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Agreed. Very disappointed in her behavior.

12. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    do you think the non winners will go back to all their old jobs or will find new and more exciting ones?

13. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    It would be nice to get an update on the people from all 3 of the seasons, see what they are up to now.

14. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003

Ditto! My opinion of her really went downhill after these last two episodes. :(

And that makes me sad, because I really, REALLY was cheering for Julia all these weeks. What a sore loser!! :mad:

Surely she can't think that she deserved to win?! Considering that she was a Waffle House cook, one would think she would be thrilled beyond words to make it as far as she did and to have Ramsey offer to pay for her to go to culinary school. I had the feeling last week that she wasn't too excited about his offer. :confused:

15. DLL66

DLL66 Member

Oct 20, 2002
    TN

It was also Bonnie's responsibility to ensure she had enough of the needed items as the head chef.

16. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Agree 100% about Julie.

Chef Ramsey should take away his offer to send her to culinary school.
    Bi*ch doesn't deserve it.

17. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Yes, I know, that's why I thought rock deserved to win.

18. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I was a little disappointed in Julia, but I also can understand how she feels. Though she kept getting referred to the "waffle house chef", I'm sure she doesn't see herself the same way everyone else did. Ramsey really focused on Julia a lot during this competition and she probably felt she had good reason to win the contest. She had one bad service... ONE bad service and she was gone. She was probably very shocked about it and still getting over it. And honestly, Julia is a better Chef than Bonnie, so again it's understandable how Julia felt. I think Julia's attitude wouldn't have been so bad if she had been on Rock's team.

19. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Julia is a better COOD than Bonnie but Julia never showed me anything that would lead me to believe she could actually create anything. I do agree that her attitude probably would have been better had she been picked by Rock or if she hadn't been picked last (which was everything to do with her attitude and not her skills).

20. GoHalos

GoHalos Registered User

Aug 30, 2006
    OC, CA
    Didn't you see the episode where she came up with.... Fish and Chips? ;)