Hell's Kitchen 7/23

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by nataylor, Jul 23, 2007.

1. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Well, no wonder Ramsay didn't make a huge deal out of Jen picking food out of the trash. His own sous chefs do it! ;)

2. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    Sad that Julia isn't competing anymore, but I have no doubt that Ramsay really sent her to Culinary School.

3. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Rock is an ass. He's not a team player. You have to work as a team in a kitchen. He really should be gone.

That is so cool that Ramsay is sending Julia to culinary school. Hopefully we'll see her again in a future season.

4. Bettamojo5

Bettamojo5 Rolling Along

Apr 12, 2004
    New...
    I was pulling for Julia. I hope she does make the most of her chance to go to school. I now hope that Brooke wins since Rock is an ass and Jen pulled the pasta out of the garbage. I also hope Julia got to tell off the lady that belittled her in the first episode because she was a Waffle House Cook.

5. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Brooke???? Do you mean Bonnie?

IMHO, none of them are even up to previous winners' standards and that wasn't that high! I'm not sure who should win of the three left, but I wasn't surprised to see Josh get kicked out without even making it to the end of the show. The surprise was that he was still there!

Whoevever wins needs serious training to make it further in the business.

6. Bettamojo5

Bettamojo5 Rolling Along

Apr 12, 2004
    New...
    I stand corrected. It should be Bonnie :eek:

7. tsings31

tsings31 New Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've always been pulling for Julia and I'm happy that she made it as far as she did.

8. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Is Heather really running the restraunt ? I thought she was just in charge of steak at the place..

That really is the best outcome for Julia... Ramsey would have liked her in the top 3 no doubt .. he really did want rock to stay ..

I am torn though... she really couldn't hang knowledge-wise with them, but somehow she held her own and actually outshone everyone.

I fully believe that ramsey had a tough decision on that one...

9. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Yes I also heard Heather is not in charge of the restaurant.

I am enjoying this season as always but at least the first two years you could pretty much agree that the winner had some decent skills. Not this year.

10. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I don't even need to know who won this season.... in my opinion, Julia won the best gift of all. She's going to culinary school!! I'm thrilled she did so well and won over Ramsay's favor enough that he's sending her to school.

Rock is an ass hat..... he needs to go home. I cannot see how he could possible have leadership skills.... he hasn't shown any leadership skills as of yet!

Jen picking pasta out of the trash is just too much. I can't imagine that many will actually want to go to a restaurant that she's suppose to be in charge of.

Bonnie seems be lacking something, leadership abilities most likely. I just don't think she has what is needed to run a restaurant. I think she could put together a good menu, but running the place would be a different story.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    Rock's definitely an ass...he can't handle the fact that he's not perfect and he needs to go home.
    Definitely a good thing that Ramsey is sending Julia to culinary school, I'm also hoping that she comes back and competes again on the show.

12. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    The final four have all cried on camera.

WTH!

By the way I hope Julia eschews Culinary School and starts a Knife Company and gets a bunch of Tattoos.

13. The Spud

The Spud Rather be cruising TCF Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Kent, WA
    Did they actually end up using the fish? I was under the impression that Mary Ann pulled the fish out of the trash to verify that it was bad.

14. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Check. :D

15. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    I still think ramsey wanted to keep her in to see what she could do, but he still knew in the back of his mind that she couldn't really work out well unless she had exposure to 'fine dining' menus...

at this point, rock is the obvious winner, as he (and Julia) have been the only really consistent ones, with small slip ups.. Although Ramsey might bump him out if he can't be a team player... which seems to be the point of next weeks challenge.

Well... who are we kidding... its not a 'real' contest anyway.. i can't imagine for a second that they rejected actual chefs for some of this lot, to *run a multimillion dollar place*

Switch this lot with the lot at 'Top Chef', and at then it becomes more believable.

16. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I'm not sure what happened to the fish. You would think if it stayed in the trash Ramsey would have made a big deal out of not having it for that nights service. But I also didn't see it being served or hear him call it out on any order.

17. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I heard Monk Fish a few times during dinner service.

18. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I'm sure Rock will win-although I'm not happy with it. He has anger and selfish boy issues. I really hope Julia excels with culinary school. Not sure that I want her to come back for another season, as I think Chef Ramsey would be really really hard on her, but I'm not sure. So glad Josh is gone!

19. kaszeta

kaszeta $nullstring TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Not that I'm in favor of pulling stuff out of the trash, but I know it happens even in some high-end restaurants. Bill Buford's Heat mentions Mario Batali doing it (there's a passage on how he's pissed off that the kitchen staff has thrown out celery tops, and he fishes them out to use for a soup), and I'm pretty sure Anthony Bourdain has fessed up to it (I know that he's fessed up to recycling dinner rolls).

20. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I doubt it's hard to get a second shipment of turbo if they need it.

Kobe beef meatloaf? I am guessing it was not real kobe beef and instead the domestic beef from the same breed that restaurants wrongly call Kobe beef.