Hell's Kitchen - 7/18/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Jul 18, 2011.

1. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Wow. Pathetic service by both teams.

2. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    ROFLMAO. The guy who had never cooked Wellington before cooks them beautifully and one or two of the guys couldn't even cook mashed potatoes. haha. I'd start to get a little angry too.

Isn't it logical that if you were going to be a contestant on this show you would figure out how to cook, Scallops, Risotto and the other items commonly on the menu? scratch head.....

3 stooges in the Chef's table. LOL.

Look at those POTS and PANS... "Want me to go wash them?" ROFL.

Good stuff. Just wish Ramsey would call people Donkey again. Wonder why he stopped?

3. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    Wow, first time watching this show and I was stunned. You'd think even a line cook would be able to cook potatos or prepare garnish. Elise needs to go but I guess she just adds drama and that's one of the things they strive for on these shows.

4. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Fox took a dump here and I only got the first 28 minutes :(

5. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    I though we'd have a whole season thread ;)

I'm going to wait until this is almost over and have a hells kitchen marathon some weekend.

6. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    It could just be my failing memory, but I do not recall them always starting out with 18 cooks. That was a bit overwhelming. Looks like a lot of screw ups in this bunch, though. That much I can tell already.

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Don't forget the guy who sent up the garnish before they even served the first appetizer. Chino can't cook fish and he should because he's Asian (his words, not mine).

8. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Last season was awesome for its kitchen wrecking ineptitude. Some good early candidates here too. I rather like Ramsey when he goes apesh*t. His persona on the other shows are take it or leave it for me.

What's with the contestants having health problems in recent seasons. I wouldn't put it past the producers placing people who would be likely to have an ambulance call but wtf.

9. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I was surprised they got rid of the guy who went to the hospital for good, must've been something serious.

10. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    This show is always the same. Season after season, it doesn't change a bit. My wife and I even had a bet as to how soon he would spit out somebody's signature dish. She won, I didn't think he would do it on the first one he tasted. We still always watch though...can't explain as to why that is.

11. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    It always shocks me how people don't cook scallops. That is like going on Survivor without knowing how to make a fire.

12. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Train wreck + human nature = must watch. :p

13. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Love having both HK and MC on the same night. Mondays and Tuesdays are chock full o' Gordon now.

14. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, really! Loving it - get to see BOTH Gordons fortwo days in a row. :D

But I have a question and I'm not sure it's a spoiler (I guess it entails the first TWO eps of HK) -

In the promos I kept seeing something about somebody going in the hospital on the first night, but somehow I missed that having watched both Monday AND Tuesday's eps...What happened? Did I black out during one of them? Which one?

15. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    It happened extremely early in the first ep.
    One of the guys had shortness of breath, or something. I just looked up to see him sitting on the floor and a medic bringing oxygen over. He was rushed to the hospital and gone after that.

16. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Tommy is a bit delusional. No way should he be in a kitchen that involves communication.