Hell's Kitchen - 7/16/07 - Day 7

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sadara, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS

Advertisements

I'm not sure I like Rock anymore. He seems quite competent as a Chef, but he's not really stepped up as a leader and he's most certainly not a team player!

Jen is looking as bad as Rock at this point, don't much want to help the others in the kitchen..... what do these people think is going to happen if they win the contest, they are going to have to help each other out!! You are going to win this contest by leaving your team mates out to dry!

Julia, I sure wish she could win this contest, but she just doesn't have a clue what a lot of the dishes are!!! She is moldable and willing to learn, but no one is willing to teach her! I hope she goes to culinary school after this competition is over!

I don't really care for Bonnie or Josh... honestly think one of them should have gone home tonight!

I'm a little surprised about Brad, didn't think he could win the competition, but didn't think he would go home tonight either!

2. 7thton

7thton No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place

Mar 3, 2005
    Bonnie should have gone home this time.

3. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    Yea, it was her time to go but you could have also sent home Josh as well.

I like to cook and I think I could do a better job noticing the the food about to be delivered to the tables is not:

cooked enough
    cooked too much
    tastes "off"

I can't believe how many times they F up the dinner.

4. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    None of the remaining deserves to win.

5. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard

Advertisements

I think Rock just lost the competition by refusing to help Josh out of that lamp chop mess. GR specifically asked them to help and both he and Brad just stood there with their thumbs up their butts. They are still looking at who works well as part of a team, you Rock headed dipweed. Say what you will about Josh's cooking, but he doesn't lose his temper like an idiot or get flustered and crack under pressure.

Yes, Bonnie should have gone, Jen's claw hand was hilarious, Julia's basic food is holding steady, and
    if that really is Rock crying next week, then all is right with the world.

6. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I wouldn't want to have any of these people running a restaurant. The Green Valley Ranch had better start looking now for a replacement.

7. GoHalos

GoHalos Registered User

Aug 30, 2006
    OC, CA
    I think Josh should have gone home this week.

The only one that I can see winning at this point is Rock. Maybe, with a stretch, Bonnie.

Julia's question "What's Ahi tuna?" and Jen's face when Julia asked was priceless.

8. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005

Jen really thinks highly of herself that's for sure.

9. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Too funny watching the women try to put together a menu. Maybe it was the editing, but it seemed that they got a lot done in the last 5 minutes.

But I was so happy that the simple steak ("cop out") item was so popular. :D

10. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I think Bonnie and Brad have shown the most potential to come up with a good menu, which is the most important job for a head chef. Hard to say about Rock, they don't show him opining about menu choices much.

11. UBUBUB

UBUBUB New Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Of course the steak was the most-popular item on the menu. Whenever I go to a restaurant with an unappealing chi-chi menu, at least I can always get a steak.

12. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    It annoys me when I am at an upscale restaurant and my date orders a steak instead of 30 other options that she could not possibly get anywhere else. Thus, I agree with bonnie that it is a cop out. But unfortunately there are a lot of people like that out there so you have to include steak for them anyway.

13. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I agree with Ububub. While the steak maybe a copout, it is the copout forced upon a poor menu.

None of those dishes really looked appealing to me at all.

14. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I didn't get a good look at all 3 entrees... what were the other two?

15. laststarfighter

laststarfighter New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Steak was a good sales choice since they were trying to garner more red menu orders. If it was only one menu then I agree that it would have been a cop out.

Breaking it down:

Bonnie -- Could never execute an order unless she had all day to make the meal and at least two do overs. She seems to be the most creative of the bunch but if she isn't that great of a cook then I suspect many of her ideas look better on paper than on the plate. Would never be able to lead a kitchen.

Jen -- Scatter brained. Looks competant one minute then totally incompetant the next five minutes. Like Bonnie, strong kitchen personalities would eat her up.

Julia -- Excellent at execution and actually cares about the quality of her work. She may never be able to come up with a fine dining menu on her own but at least she would be able to cook it to perfection. I also don't see her having the fortitude to run a high-pressure kitchen. Maybe in five years after she builds up some confidence.

Josh -- When Rock was nominating him in the early rounds, I thought that Rock was trying to get rid of some of his stronger competition. Turns out that Rock really was trying to get rid of the weakest link. He has never had a good service. In fact, I can't even remember him getting a compliment.

Rock -- Seems like he's the only logical choice to run the kitchen in the new restaurant but God help those who will work for him. He might turn out to be worse than Ramsay.

This is by far the worst batch of contestants ever.

16. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I think, with what the menu choices were last night, I would have ordered the steak also!

17. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    How can anyone watch this show with the umpteen meats returned for being under/overcooked and still think it would be a good idea to order a steak from these fools? I'd pick the option least likely to be screwed up. Bread?

18. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I can't speak for anyone else, but for me this is no worse than going to a normal restaurant, we just get to see all the mistakes that are happening in the kitchen.

19. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Notice Jen's total lack of creativity? When doing the menu contest, and later doing their own menu she contributed nothing in either case but complain about what others offered up.

She is a void of cooking creativity.

20. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Josh deserves credit for pulling himself out of the hole he dug, without any outside help, all while Ramsay was screaming at him.

An ambitious menu was hardly a sufficient reason for sending Brad home. Jen and Rock were absolutely not team players, and Bonnie's an idiot.