Hello old friends...

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by aerialplug, Sep 25, 2019.

1. aerialplug

aerialplug Serious TiVo User

Oct 20, 2000
    Swansea
    It's been a long time indeed since I posted in this forum. I think the next questions I ask are the same ones I asked last time I posted...

Firstly, I was living in Ireland (Republic, Near Cork) at the time I posted those and in the end, the practicalities of setting up my old series 1 Tivo became insurmountable (including a blown power supply), and I give up.

So, my question once again is this. I know TiVo gave up on us so called "life time" subscription holders many many moons ago. I remember there was a community who took over to supply guide data to keep the old Series 1 TiVo going. So... my questions are:

1. Is there still a way to keep the TiVo going with some form of open TV Guide? I still have an old scool Sky+ box in storage and could get it working as a Sky box without a subs (and indeed possible a Sky freesat box as I also have my last UK (and Irish) Sky cards.

2. Power Supply not an issue any more as I found an old spare I bought while buying a spare remote control for the TiVo many moons ago too.

3. Have hacked TiVo to the hilt (remenber, I used to draw the channel logos for about 5-7 years while I was still using my TiVo until around 2007, so can have it on a wired (or unwired) Ethernet relatively easily - especially now that I'm back in my old place in Wales where I'd wired in the network cables to the back of the TV!

It would be great to know if I could revive my once intensely used TiVo, even if now only as a demonstration piece of what my introdiction to non-realtime TV was like!

OzSat likes this.
  2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA