Headphone connection to TIVO mini

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Merrilee, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Merrilee

Merrilee New Member

Dec 14, 2018

Advertisements

I am trying to connect headphones but my TV has a broken digital audio output port. I have a TV with a TIVO mini on a MOCA network. TV and mini are connected via HDMI. When I try the digital cable connection direct to the TIVO mini to listen to my TV program all I get is static. I am not sure if this is an incorrect connection or if I have another equipment problem. I am using a converter between my wireless headphone base (RCA connector) and the TIVO mini.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    What do you mean by “digital cable connection”? What model Mini? To what port on the Mini are you connecting?

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    FYI... for v1/v2 Minis...
    TiVo Accessories| Breakout Cable Kit for BOLT and Mini

4. Merrilee

Merrilee New Member

Dec 14, 2018

kpeters59 likes this.
  5. Merrilee

Merrilee New Member

Dec 14, 2018

Advertisements

TIVO is mini VOX recently purchased. Cable is Toslink digital optical cable provided when I purchased a Musou digital optical to analog RCA Converter.

6. Merrilee

Merrilee New Member

Dec 14, 2018
    Since my original post I tried the converter and digital cable on another tv with a functioning digital audio output port and the adapter worked fine converting the audio signal from tv to my headphones. So... without a functioning tv port, is it possible to use the digital port on my mini TIVO to obtain an audio signal? It doesn't appear to work, but is there some setting I can change?

7. Merrilee

Merrilee New Member

Dec 14, 2018
    I don't think this will help. I have RCA plugs from headphones and need to get a signal from an audio source that does not have RCA(analog) plug in ports. That is why I am using the digital/analog converter (so that I have a digital plug to put in a digital port on my audio source). I just need to know if that source can be the TIVO mini VOX.

8. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    It will not. Only applies to v1/v2 Minis, not the Mini VOX.

9. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You need to use the adapter cable, which is RCA to a special Tivo plug. Then you do not need to use the digital audio converter.

10. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    The Mini VOX doesn't have the AV or Component ports as found in the v1 & v2 Minis; just HDMI and the optical digital audio ports.

tivo-specs-VOX.jpg

11. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    You may check the audio settings ... and try using "PCM only"

12. Merrilee

Merrilee New Member

Dec 14, 2018
    Thank you! That works.

krkaufman likes this.