hdr112 & tcd240080 questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by lali, Apr 9, 2006.

1. lali

lali New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Madison, WI

Advertisements

I have a few questions. A couple of them rather embarassing. I'll start with the one of the embarassing ones and then get to the rest.

I have a hand-me-down hdr112 whose modem seems to have given up the ghost. I've spent the past hour and a half trying to get the cover off so I can at least clean out the dust and cat hair (manufacture date is 28-10-99) and it will not budge. Yes, I've removed the screws. I've pushed the tabs and pulled, I've pulled the tabs and pulled. I've pushed the tabs and had someone else pull. I've pulled the tabs and had someone else pull. I've done everything short of using a crowbar to no avail. I can't even get the faceplate off What am I doing wrong?

I also have a refurbished TCD240080. I set it up at a friend's house because i didn't have a landline at the time and was planning to use the networking features (not realizing it still apparently required a landline). When i got it home, it wouldn't get past the powering up screen. Returned it for warranty service, went through the whole thing again, same thing. Called TiVo again and they said "Sure, you can return it for service" but I never got an RMA number and blahblah. So I have a non-functional Series 2 TiVo. I THINK the hard drive works. It functioned fine at my friend's house when i set it up both times. If I can make the modem work on the Series 1 TiVo (which has lifetime service) or buy one from weaknees or something, how hard would it be to upgrade it using the drive from the series 2 and how the heck do i get the drive out of the series 2? I can't fit a screwdriver between the metal plate in front and the screws securing the drive. (That's my second embarassing question.)

Everyone makes it sound so simple...

You can hold the posts calling me stupid. I'm already well aware of the fact. =)

2. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    The metal bracket that the drive is screwed into lifts out (once you remove the screws securing it down to the box).

http://www.weaknees.com/instructions/twinbreeze_t24_g3.pdf

3. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Have you ever opened up a series one before? You basically need to use a large flat blade screwdriver under the tabs on the back and pry the top back.

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Yuo don't even need to pry. Just hold the lid, and knee the rest of the DVR.

5. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse

Advertisements

That would be impossible.