HDR10-250 dolby audio

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by mikeb33, Jan 15, 2006.

1. mikeb33

mikeb33 Hanger Arounder

Dec 10, 2001
    I just bought a 50" Vizio Plasma and Samsung HT-HDP40 HTIB to use with my HD TiVO. Both units connect to the TV with HDMI cables. Great picture and no cable mess. When I play DVDs I get the great home theater sound. BUT how do I use the HTIB for surround while watching TiVo? I bought optical cable and connected the two, but I had no sound. I went into the TiVo menu and enabled dolby digital, but still had no sound through the speakers. Also it stopped working for the TV so I switched it back to stereo mode.
    How an I set it up so I can watch an dlisten through the TV normally, but sometimes turn on the HTIB for surround sound listening?

MIKE

2. smoking_rubber

smoking_rubber New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Often the digital inputs are assignable. Check the stereo's menu setup. Good luck.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Looks like you just need to select the optical input on the HT to get DD. If that is possible.
    This is one reason why I prefer separate components. You have more flexibility.

4. mikeb33

mikeb33 Hanger Arounder

Dec 10, 2001
    Should the TiVo be outputting through the optical port all the time, regardless of the dolby/stereo setting in the menu?

MIKE

5. thepackfan

thepackfan Member

May 21, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Yes it will ouput either way.