HDR on Arris MG2 TiVo & Mini

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Fsbrian, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Fsbrian

Fsbrian New Member

Jan 16, 2021

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I’ve searched for the answer to this but to no avail. I currently have a cable rented MG2 TiVo and mini. On the tv that supports HDR the colours are washed out. Changing the resolution to 1080p fixes this. Seems the issue is that HDR is always on.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to turn off HDR on either the main box or the mini. Our tv doesn’t have the option as it just detects it automatically. I’ve searched through all the menus and the tv provider has been no help.

Is there a fix for this or am I stuck in 1080p? The provider offers 4K channels that I can’t use because of this. The colours look awful.

Thanks!

2. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Why are you keeping the make and model of your TV a secret?

Even if the TV can't be adjusted, others would like to have this information to avoid purchasing a TV that mishandles HDR!

3. Fsbrian

Fsbrian New Member

Jan 16, 2021
    Sorry the model is a Toshiba 50LF711C20 (Fire tv edition). Haven’t had a single problem with HDR from any other receiver except the TiVo.

4. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I don’t know what the equivalent retail model of your TiVo is but I’m pretty sure I’ve read posts on here of users being able to turn HDR off on **some** retail TiVo models. It’s possible this feature has been disabled by your cable company. Do some searches on here and you may find the steps to turn it off if possible.

5. Fsbrian

Fsbrian New Member

Jan 16, 2021

Advertisements

Thanks for the reply. I’ve searched but have not found a solution. Seems the cable co must have removed the option. Forcing HDR on SDR content doesn’t seem like the best approach, but just my opinion!