Hdmi Not allowed. Weird!

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by dadrepus, Feb 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. dadrepus

dadrepus Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Here is my setup Bolt/Caavo/Receiver/TV. This has happened twice, requiring a restart of the Bolt to correct. When turning on the system with my Caavo remote I go to the MY Shows screen (TE3) with the current show displayed in the upper right (clearly). But when I go to that show or any show, the screen goes dark and I get a popup in the middle of the screen saying something like "HDMI is not allowed for this program, see your provider" or something like that. Forgot to write it down. The only fix is to restart the Tivo and everything is back to normal.

Anyone else run into this issue? Is it a Tivo or Caavo problem?

2. dadrepus

dadrepus Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Sorry, didn't see the other thread on the same subject. It was on another page. Ignore this thread. Thanks.

3. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    I just cycle through the TV inputs and when I get back to the TiVo HDMI it works again just fine.

4. dadrepus

dadrepus Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    i'll try that next time it occurs.
    Thanks

5. dadrepus

dadrepus Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    That did not work for me when it happened again. But this time I unplugged the hdmi from the back of the tivo and replugged it in which fixed it. No restart necessary. Still would like to know what is going on. I also occasional get a blue screen on the tv upon startup. The only fix for that I've found is to restart everything.

6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    If you're doing 4K then having the Tivo resolution set to "auto" can make this worse, as can cables that are not up to snuff for 4K as they try to negotiate and fail.

7. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Do you have a link?

My Bolt started the same garbage this Saturday also, either HDMI not allowed or just not working with TV input saying no signal. I can get it working but it seems like a bad software update to me.

8. zubinh

zubinh Active Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY