HDMI Fails on Roamio Plus since recent Update

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jstarzy, Apr 14, 2016.

1. jstarzy

jstarzy New Member

Jan 17, 2007

Advertisements

Hi...

Since the latest upgrade a few weeks ago, our Roamio Plus HDMI output will intermittently fail on a consistent basis.

If I wake up the Tivo from sleep mode and view it on our Y-PR-PB connected TV in the kitchen, the Tivo is fine. If we shut off the kitchen TV and go to the Plasma connected TV via a Yamaha AV receiver via HDMI, there is no video signal to the Plasma TV. Power cycling the TV does not restore the signal and this does not appear to be an HDCP issue. The Yamaha is passing other HDMI sources to the Plama just fine.

However, once failed, restarting the Tivo via the help menu with the Plasma and Yamaha on, immediately restores picture to the Plasma.

Tivo tech support...can you help? Has anyone else reported this since the last update? I'm about to shut off automatic power save-stand-by as a temporary fix, once I find this feature in the GUI again.

Thanks...Jim.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    TiVo Central, Setting & Messages, Settings, Remote & Device Settings, Power Saving Settings.

3. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Just make getting rid of stand by the permanent fix. Might cost you a dollar a year.