1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI Connection Not Permitted

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by gbenrus25, May 15, 2018.

1. gbenrus25

gbenrus25 Member

Nov 1, 2017
    So I still get this error pretty often when I change to a channel the Bolt hasn't been on for some time. It eventually clears up on its own but is very annoying. I have the latest Hydra. I have also used different HDMI cables (the original TiVo one and other premium ones). Searching the forum, it appears a fix got released for Encore not I don't see anything for Hydra. Please does anyone know how to permanently fix this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. gbenrus25

gbenrus25 Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Anyone have an idea of what I can to to solve this? I've used validva cables and still get that message. Very frustrating message and nothing I've found online fixes it yet.

3. gbenrus25

gbenrus25 Member

Nov 1, 2017
    I should also note that at times, the Tivo's audio cuts out for like a sec. No idea why that's the case but maybe it's the strength of my Network. It night also be an unrelated issue.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I did a search for "HDMI connection not permitted" and got a whole bunch of results. This seems to be a problem.

5. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    You might want to try a different HDMI port on the TV if possible and also try to see if there is a newer firmware version for your TV.