HDMI-CEC on Roamio – is it turned on?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by whiteshaft, Sep 3, 2019.

1. whiteshaft

whiteshaft Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Valley Glen, CA
    I just bought a new LGTV and I'm trying to get the ARC function to work with my Pioneer audio receiver. It's actually NOT going well but that's another long, sad story ;)

With the ARC/HDMI-CEC protocols turned on for both units (Simplink on the LGTV and Kuroslink on the Pioneer AVR) I did notice that two of my other HDMI devices plugged into the AVR popped up as inputs on the LGTV – an AppleTV and a PS4. I suspect there was some kind of HDMI-CEC handshake that happened and the TV was able to detect them through the HDMI chain. However, my Roamio was not detected at all.

Assuming that one day I can get the ARC function to work properly, it would be nice to switch inputs with the LGTV remote and scale down to just it and the Tivo remote. But it seems like HDMI-CEC is non-existent on the Roamio or at least not turned on.

Was there a software release or patch that enabled HDMI-CEC on the Roamio? I saw a mention on this on another post but when I went to the setting in the "Remote" section I didn't see the option that would indicate HDMI-CEC there. As far as I know I am up to the date on the system software. Or is this only enabled through "Prohect Hydra" and if so do I need to download that to get CEC to work between the Roamio and the LGTV?

TIA,
    L

2. JackMcC

JackMcC Member

Aug 11, 2019
    I had it working last year on my basic roamio with a Bose 535 lifestyle 5.1 sound system before I returned it for another issue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. whiteshaft

whiteshaft Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Valley Glen, CA
    Do you remember what you did to enable it, or was it just "on"? Do you remember which Tivo software you were running?

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    ARC is Greek for Voodoo...just plug it directly in to your receiver. You know, properly?

-KP

5. JackMcC

JackMcC Member

Aug 11, 2019
    It just ran. I didn't keep track of the software revision.

Edit: Actually now that I think back on it, you enabled it via the Bose menu interface. There was never anything I had to do with the Tivo. It's a great experience when you can control both IR remote and RF/IR remote hardware through one common RF remote.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019