hdmi and component output at the same time hr10-250

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by flmgrip, Nov 30, 2005.

1. flmgrip

flmgrip New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    los angeles, CA
    will the hr10-250 output the signal at hdmi, component and s-video at the same time or are the other outputs dead when hdmi is used ?

thanks

2. Guindalf

Guindalf Now with added dalf

Jun 13, 2001
    Sorry, only one output. The others are dead.

3. DavidS

DavidS Member

Sep 27, 2000
    Dayton Ohio
    Not quite right. When output is set to 480i (and it must be set to 480i to get anything out of s-video) then both HMDI and s-video or both component and s-video will work at the same time. You cannot use HDMI and companent at the same time, however.

4. flmgrip

flmgrip New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    los angeles, CA
    thanks guys, i guess i have to work with some splitters, adapters and more then...

5. Guindalf

Guindalf Now with added dalf

Jun 13, 2001

Oooops, my bad - I was over-simplifying again!

Thanks for putting me right, David.

6. thepackfan

thepackfan Member

May 21, 2003
    Plano, TX

David,
    The HDMI may work on your TV, but, only the component works with my Samsung when I set my HDTIVO to 480i.

7. DavidS

DavidS Member

Sep 27, 2000
    Dayton Ohio
    HDMI does indeed work at 480i on my TV, a Panny ED plasma. Weird that the Samsung doesn't accept it.

8. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    the new mpeg4 HD receiver outputs everything at the same time. Sorry it doesn't help you now.

9. Dec 5, 2005 #9 of 38
    flmgrip

flmgrip New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    los angeles, CA
    so do i have to unplug the HDMI or just have no tv turned on which is pluged into the HDMI to use the component at 480i

10. Eben

Eben New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    You have to unplug the HDMI to activate component.

11. flmgrip

flmgrip New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    los angeles, CA
    thanks i guess i go with s-video or composite for the one tv without HDMI... unless there is some way to convert hdmi to component, but that probably will cost some...

12. garywj

garywj New Member

May 3, 2005
    I recently had my HDMI output fixed on my 10-250 and it works fine. I have discovered that my component-video output is now active at the same time the HDMI is active.

13. DonQijote

DonQijote New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    ===========================

Did D* repair your HDMI or was it repaired by a 3rd party?

14. garywj

garywj New Member

May 3, 2005
    D* does not fix anything. You have to send the whole box back to them and get a replacement. I got he HDMI interface fixed at a 3rd party. I asked D* to replace the HDMI interface but as usual its "their way or the highway". The don't care about losing all your recoded programms.

15. jantomas

jantomas New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    could you shed some light on what was done to get HDMI and comp. active at the same time. would really help to have this capability

16. AlanNHou

AlanNHou New Member

Jan 20, 2003
    Houston
    I just bought a Samsung 32" LCD and have a H20 HD Receiver. When I pluged in a HDMI cable the only signal that the TV would display was one that was 720P or 1080I. I plugged in a component cable switched the TV to receive that signal and all programming was available. When I switched the TV back to HDMI, it also worked. So if you have a H20 receiver, you can use both at the same time.

17. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    A poster advised that his Sony LCD RPTV allowed him to see component when he switched the TV's inputs--no need to physically disconnect HDMI.

My son's Sony 19" LCD TV shuts off HDMI when you turn off the TV, allowing the HD Tivo's component output to remain active.

18. humbland

humbland New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    i want to send component from my 10-250 to an ed plasma and at the same time have hdmi hooked up to a front projector. the plasma and the projector won't be in use at the same time. if the projector is turned off (no hdmi handshake will be present), will the 10-250 output a signal via component? or does the hdmi cable have to be physically unplugged from the 10-250?
    thanks for the help,
    eric

19. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    It's hard to tell. Many TVs still tell the HD Tivo that HDMI is hooked up, even when turned off. Try it. If it doesn't work there are some inexpensive manual switchers that will work.

20. humbland

humbland New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    can you point me to an inexpensive manual hdmi switch?
    also, i have digital audio out via toslink. is that affected by how the hdmi is hooked up?
    if a hdmi plug is in the port, will the digital audio out still work?
    thanks,
    eric