HDMI 2.2 not connected message, POSSIBLE ANSWER

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by My Cape is a Recliner, Feb 17, 2020.

1. My Cape is a Recliner

My Cape is a Recliner Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Currently there are 7 things plugged into a surge protector (TiVo, ta, tv, soundbar, modem, router, xbox). I have never had the message until now. I was going to do some electrical work, and tried plugging my entertainment center into another outlet through an extension cord into the surge protector. The extension cord was a 16awg 3 prong 50ft cord. When I turned it on, that's when I got the message, and initially it was no picture, then nothing. I removed the 50ft cord from the circuit. I added a 12AWG 10ft extension cord, then a 10ft 14AWG surge protector, then into the original surge protector I have been using all along. Its currently back to working as normal with 2 surge protectors and an extension cord before any power cables.

I THINK it was the 16awg cable was not providing a sufficient enough current that there was enough resistance it was effecting the HDMI connection. I THINK that this may be caused by not having a thick enough cord if it SHOULD be working otherwise. I THINK that if you are having this problem, you may be using a cheaper/thinner extension cord or surge protector. At the least its another thing worth trying.