HDHomerun Quartro Connect on sale at BB

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by MassMan, Nov 10, 2019.

1. MassMan

MassMan Member

Mar 19, 2019
    I just picked one up for $99.99/plus tax.

2. spiderpumpkin

spiderpumpkin Say no to Hydra!

Dec 1, 2017
    Great price. The HDHR Quatro I have works great and I highly recommend it, especially with the Channels DVR. I bought one from Best Buy for $120 about 6 weeks ago.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  3. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    That is a very good deal. I paid $150. I hope this doesn't mean BestBuy is dropping the product line though. They really don't know how to sell it.

I recently asked an otherwise knowledgeable salesperson in charge of that section about Tablo and Recast boxes I saw there, but he thought they were for satellite, and he also didn't understand what the subscription prices were for. I saw empty shelf space tagged for HD HomeRun, but he didn't know what that was either. I did my best to explain.

Even more scary, he tried to sell me an outdoor antenna and coax, but didn't know the line must be grounded before entering the house. I explained about buying two lengths of coax and putting a little grounding block in-between, but all I got was a blank stare.

4. jdm5

jdm5 Member TCF Club

May 29, 2001
    Connecticut
    Longtime TiVo user, considering switching when my Roamio's die (Hydra doesn't pass WAF or my own, don't like the pre-roll add thing).

Can I combine this quatro with an eventual 6 tuner HDHomeRun cable card device? I.e. get their DVR service, store the recordings from both quatro and the cable card tuner to a NAS and watch them both seamlessly?

5. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Assuming the Prime 6 model ever comes out, the HD HomeRun DVR web page says "the HDHomeRun DVR uses one or more HDHomeRun TV tuners to receive TV from antenna or cable".

I use my Quatro with Channels Plus DVR. Adding another model would be as simple as clicking the "Add source" button in Settings. There's been much discussion of all these products in the TiVo Alternatives thread.

6. MassMan

MassMan Member

Mar 19, 2019
    from my eyes the picture quality is better on my Premiere OTA than the HDHR using the HDHR app. Using the Channels free app on my iphone it's better than HDHR app and close to the Tivo, but definitely not better.

7. Scooter Scott

Scooter Scott Member

Jun 1, 2015
    When I looked yesterday it was already sold out...today its back up to $150

8. mschnebly

mschnebly Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Their app is absolutely the worst thing to watch it on.