HDHomeRun/Network Tuner in Tivo Stream App

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by slydog75, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:54 PM.

1. slydog75

slydog75 Not all that sly

Jul 8, 2004
    Warminster, PA

Advertisements

So I just set up my new Tivo Stream 4k.. The Stream App was a big attraction, as it seemed it was combinging everything into one app. However, it appears there's no way to get my HDHomeRun channels to appear in the built in guide, it only shows 'locast' channels which apparently are in SD as they look like total crap. Am I missing a way to change this?

ke3ju likes this.
  2. ke3ju

ke3ju Ed Ludwig

Jan 4, 2004
    Seminole, FL
    I can only get it to work in Google Live TV, and not the TiVo Guide. It's one of many reasons I have 1 TiVo Stream 4K on a shelf, and 7 FireTV Sticks on my TVs.

3. slydog75

slydog75 Not all that sly

Jul 8, 2004
    Warminster, PA
    That's what I was afraid of, thanks for confirming.

4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    Yeah. No network tuner support yet. I logged that complaint a bit ago, and revisit it every month. Will bug them again. For people who primarily watch live TV, their Stream app sucks. Iocrap is the only live option. All their silly streaming channels are nonsense. It's like all the channels that couldn't make it onto a cable lineup got relegated to them. Like the home for misfit toys.

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

5. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    north carolina

Advertisements

Antenna channels thru SlingTv don't show up in the Tivo guide either.

6. Darrell Patton

Darrell Patton Active Member

Jul 19, 2018
  7. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Yes. There are thriving threads over on the Channels Community forum discussing how to use the TS4K as a client and even as a server, how to best use it with the TiVo stuff wiped off, how to customize the remote buttons for Channels, and more. Search: TiVo | Channels Community

blackngold75 and dbpaddler like this.
  8. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    Pretty much every OTA person who dumped their tivo dvr.

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

blackngold75 likes this.
  9. Darrell Patton

Darrell Patton Active Member

Jul 19, 2018
    And how does it work on the Stream 4K device?

10. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    See the forum I recommended above. Some people run Channels DVR on a small PC or NAS, and then install the Channels DVR client app on their TS4K. That's what I recommend. Others install the Channels DVR server software on their TS4K too. It depends how much you want to play with it.

There are other choices too, including Tablo. There's a long thread here covering all sorts of cord-cutting options including OTA and the live TV streaming services, and here's my post with a photo of my Channels DVR setup on a shelf above ye olde TiVo: TiVo Alternatives | Post #814