HDD Swap Help Needed......

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Haggis440, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Haggis440

Haggis440 New Member

Aug 27, 2009

Advertisements

Ok, where do I start.....

I have bought another Tivo that has a 160gb drive in it. my plan was to swap the drive into my existing Tivo which has a lifetime sub and a turbonet card card.

The 160 gb drive was originally supplied by Tivo Heavan. I removed the drive from the new Tivo and hooked it up to my pc and installed the drivers for the nic using the 'Steve Jenkins' boot cd. I installed the 160gb drive into my Tivo and tried to make a daily call. No joy:thumbsdown:

Probably made a big mistake here.......tried to run the guided setup, it can't make the call. I have hooked it back up to my pc to check the nic settings and they all appear to be correct.

Ok, where did I go wrong, and more importantly, how do I fix it. in the meantime I am back to a 40gb Tivo.

Please can someone help:up::up::up:

P.s. when it tries to connect for the first time it comes up with ........

Connecting (Failed, Number unavailable)

2. blindlemon

blindlemon tivoheaven.co.uk

May 12, 2002
    Malmesbury, UK
  3. Haggis440

Haggis440 New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Thanks for that,

Latest update,

I have managed to get it through the guided setup by switching it back to the phone line.

I will try changing it back to the nic tommorow using the bash prompt and running an update from there.

If that doesn't work I will do as steve advises and reinstall the drivers using the silicon dust drivers.

4. Haggis440

Haggis440 New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Ok....Latest Up Date......

I appear to have got it to work, as it is connecting and downloading etc and records it as a successfull call.

However.........

It is showing 'Promgramme Guide Data To: None available'

It has a Lifetime subscription and I have forced the daily call a few times, the first time took about 2 hours to compleat later ones take about 2 mins.

Any ideas out there folks?

5. Haggis440

Haggis440 New Member

Aug 27, 2009

Advertisements

Problem sorted, just rebooted it, all is now fine.