HD xl with lifetime - bad hard drive worth anything?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by SirDucky, Jul 10, 2016.

1. SirDucky

SirDucky New Member

Nov 18, 2007

Advertisements

I have a series 3 HD XL that keeps rebooting. It works for an hour or so, then reboots itself. From what I've read, it sounds like it more than likely needs a new hard drive.

So....is this thing worth anything? I'd rather not put in on the bay knowing its having issues.

I'm the original owner, and yes it does have lifetime on it. Also have the wireless adapter for it.

I just decided to get the new Romio, rather than trying to fix it.

If anyone wants to take this project on.... Feel free to throw me an offer.

Thanks

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    It probably needs the power supply rebuilt, and a new hard drive wouldn't hurt.
    But you won't get much for it broken

3. SirDucky

SirDucky New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Yeah, you're probably right. Its probably worth very little in its current condition.

With the symptoms on weeknees site, it reads more than likely a hard drive issue. But who knows when the power supply will start going out.

I'd probably just give it to someone if they wanted it. It just seems a shame for me to put it in the trash....

4. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    It's a TivoHD, if you haven't replaced the caps in teh power supply then it is most definitely the power supply, and it may additionally have disk issues.
    I'll take it and pay for shipping

5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC

Advertisements

You have PM.

6. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    HA! I PM'd the OP and said I'd be happy to pay for shipping and put it on my project pile, I could use the soldering practice and a reimaging refresher.
    But if your offer trumps mine I understand
    :D