HD Tivo rebooted on chanel change. ???

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by wdpower, Nov 2, 2008.

1. wdpower

wdpower New Member

May 22, 2005
    West Palm Beach

Advertisements

:confused:I have Done a search and everything I cam across was from almost a year ago.

My girlfriend and daughter were watching tv and she calls me over to ask my what happened. The HD TiVo had rebooted on it's own. When I first bought the HD I had read about people having this problem, fortunetly I didn't. I did experience the frozen screens which went away with the software updates. I have not chnaged anything on the TV/TiVo setup, and I don't think I have a new software or anything.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas. I'm going to monitor the system and see what happens before I call TiVo and they tell me to reboot my system to fix. it.

Thanks,
    Bill

2. worenklein

worenklein New Member

May 30, 2002
    White...
    My series 3 just started spontaneously rebooting two days ago. We had a highly pixelated and stuttery copy of My Name is Earl and it rebooted twice at exactly the same point, so I thought it was just a corrupted show causing it to crash. But then it's crashed twice since on two different shows. Might conceivably be a bad hard drive (I have a WD 500GB DVR edition eSata). I just started researching the problem.

3. DigitHead

DigitHead New Member

Sep 20, 2001
    Harleysville...
    My HD did it twice this morning. Once spontaneously and the other on a button press. I was just searching the forum to see if there is a known issue.