HD tivo ERROR please help

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by humbland, Jan 26, 2006.

1. humbland

humbland New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    hi everyone.
    i've had tivos since the beginning, including a stand alone and dtv sat tivo. they have all worked great until we went hd dtivo...
    the hd dtivo is incredibly slow to respond to remote commands, but until now that's been the only significant issue.
    i've been trying to record the australian open tennis on ESPN2 hd channel 72. it will record ok (i can watch it as it's recording), but when i try and play it back, i get an error message saying "Error playing a recording" the message continues to say that there was "no video signal on the channel" (not true).
    it won't play the recording and i have to delete it. i tried a reset, but it's continuing to screw up. also, i've noticed that the 30 sec. skp was only skipping 1 or 2 seconds. there was also some pixalation on another recorded show.
    system tests ok with 83% on both sat feeds.
    the unit is only 5 mo. old... does anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks in advance,
    eric

2. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    Try unplugging it and wating for 10-15 min. before plugging it back in. If that doesn't correct it, it may be a bad HD Tivo.