HD tivo cannot display channel 3-1

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by biggyzzz, Aug 7, 2007.

1. biggyzzz

biggyzzz New Member

Jan 29, 2006

Advertisements

Ok folks go easy on me here I am new to having HDTV. Here's my deal, I have charter high speed internet only. When I plug in the line to my TV I get all the local HDTV channels I care about 3-1, 8-1, 13-1, and 17-1. Great lets get an HD tivo. Hooked up everything and all the channels work except 3-1. I cannot pull the channel from an OTA antenna either (too far I guess). Any suggestions I can try to get this to work. I don't want to buy the whole charter TV package for 1 channel. Again, when the cable is plugged into my HDTV (with no cablecard) 3-1 comes in fine. I cannot tune 3-1 with the HD tivo. Thanks for any help.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Even if your HD Tivo could properly tune to 3-1 it wouldn't do you much good since there would be no guide listings for it and therefore at best you could setup manual recordings on that channel. See the following thread for reference:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=361019
    Bottom line right now is if you want proper functionality for digital cable channels you MUST use cablecards. Many people are hoping Tivo will fix this problem.

3. biggyzzz

biggyzzz New Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Well, Not what I was wanting to hear but thank you for the link and info.