1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD tag added on SD channel

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TKnight206, Apr 16, 2018.

1. TKnight206

TKnight206 Member

Oct 20, 2016
    One of the channels I receive is a 480i channel, yet TiVo has been putting the HD tag for the shows for months. (Not the Hydra GUI.) I've done lineup requests and contacted them through their site. Any suggestion on how to get this resolved?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You might try reporting a bad channel -> Report a Lineup Issue and use the comments box.

BTW, I have a few channels in HD that are labeled SD. I never watch them.

3. TKnight206

TKnight206 Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I've tried that already. I don't read all the e-mail replies back. However, one of the responses back was to repeat guided setup. I can't recall if this was in response to a contact-us or a lineup report.

4. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Or, Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    If it's a channel you already get via HD just uncheck the SD channel from your lineup.

What is the TiVo recording that's not matching up? Is that same show on at the same time on another channel? Compare both of those channels for the same programming. Yes? Uncheck the SD channel.

I don't follow the advise I just gave you. I've not had this problem yet. Anything I record via SD is already SD in its original form. Example would be Hogan's Heroes or Hill Street Blues. I even have a wishlist for Lucile Ball with a keyword of Colorized. It's neat when they add color to the I Love Lucy shows and string them together to tell a story. One of the few good Colorization efforts.

5. TKnight206

TKnight206 Member

Oct 20, 2016
    There is only one channel, and it's in 480i. However, all the shows and movies have the HD tag. If I have a WishList set to HD only, it's going to try recording on that channel. I don't want to remove an SD channel just because it's incorrectly labeled as HD, but I don't want to record on that SD channel for movies I only want in HD.

6. TKnight206

TKnight206 Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Do you have any SD channels that are labeled HD?

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Yes. WYOUDT3 and there is no HD mirror channel.

WYOU - Wikipedia

I determined that it is SD by finding the channel indicated 480i. The program is labeled HD. All my broadcast HD channels have DT in their labels. Only cable networks have HD as port of their network label.