HD OTA issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by ldc3000, Sep 7, 2009.

1. ldc3000

ldc3000 Member

Jun 24, 2004
    NC

Advertisements

My local Fox affiliate changed their frequency during the digital transition. Now Tivo is showing 2 over the air channels 8.1 WGHP and 8.1 WGHPDT. WGHP shows the programming, but doesn't have the programming info. WGHPDT has the info, but no signal. Is this a Tivo mixup? I did a search and saw where others had this type of problem right after the transition, but their problems were solved by a forced connection to Tivo, which would be of no help to me being that my unit has connected to Tivo dozens of times and still no update. I guess I might need to get on the horn with Tivo.

2. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    It is possible the data TiVo gets from Tribune still has the wrong frequency for the channel. It's probably worth a call to TiVo. It might also be worth rebooting the TiVo and doing guided setup again, although that shouldn't fix this problem. When I had channel issues like that I submitted a lineup change via the web site. Not sure if that actually did anything, but a few days later all my channels were correct.

3. JFKLS1

JFKLS1 Corvette Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2009
    Illinois
    I had the exact same problem. I called Tivo support and gave them the new frequencies and they had the guide info back in a couple of days. If you don't call, I really doubt you will get the guide on the channel with the picture.

4. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    In Settings -> Channels -> Channel List, what RF frequency is listed for the two 8.1 channels?

If the TiVo doesn't have the correct RF channel (i.e. the RF frequency for the channel with guide data is different from the one that actually tunes), then you need to call Tivo with that information. They can report it to Tribune so it gets fixed.

5. kb7oeb

kb7oeb Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Phoenix,AZ

Advertisements

Call back if they don't fix it after the 5 or 10 business days they tell you to wait, some times you have to stay on top of it.