HD-DVR250 is very slow in using any DVR function

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Art Vandelet, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Art Vandelet

Art Vandelet New Member

Jan 11, 2006

Advertisements

I've got a HD-DVR250 and it's fine for watching any live TV or switching channels and the EPG is reasonable quick.

But for any of the DVR functions (other than playback) there is considerable lag. Hitting the TIVo button usually takes 25-40 seconds to bring up the menu to see recorded shows or set up a season pass.

When I decide to record a show, there's also a 25-40 second lag before it accepts the recording instruction.

I don't know if the disk is fragged or what, but is there any advice on what to do. I'm looking for an option that doesn't include sending it out for service if there is one.

thanks

2. BrianCT

BrianCT New Member

Nov 1, 2003
    Laguna...
    After months of putting it off (partial recordings, super slow menu's etc), I did a Clear and Delete the other night. Why I didnt do this sooner I dont know, I forgot how fast the unit should be! Yes, I lost a few recordings and my logo's but when a season pass now takes 10 seconds to program rather than 10 minutes, I am a happy camper again. :up: