HD doesnt come with dvd player?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by daisygirl42577, Sep 30, 2007.

1. daisygirl42577

daisygirl42577 New Member

Feb 4, 2006

Advertisements

i am so confused, i got the HD dvr and there is no place for a dvd to record anything? I have an old one, the series 2 dvr and it has a dvd player in it, and i can record things TO dvd, yet the HD does not have that?

2. etsolow

etsolow Don't Try

Feb 8, 2001
    Wisconsin
    Correct, it does not.

3. Adam1115

Adam1115 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver ish
    No, the HD doesn't record to dvd, neither does the TiVo Series 2. TiVo doesn't make a TiVo with a DVD recorder.

I think if you take a second look at your 'series 2', you'll find it is made by another company like Humax, Pioneer, Toshiba, etc. and runs the TiVo software...

4. lawilson2

lawilson2 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicago
    And I personally want to be able to choose my DVD recorder. Having one built in can have so many issues. It may be good for space if that's limited, but I guess I'm not a fan of pre-packaged systems, which is why I have a separate printer, fax service, and scanner. All in ones don't do it for me. :)

5. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh

Advertisements

I had to laugh after reading this and looking down at my Toshiba Laptop, Logitech Mouse, Dynex Keyboard, Dell Monitor, Cruzer USB storage, APC UPS and HP Printer (with Kodak paper).

6. lawilson2

lawilson2 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicago
    LOL, yeah, you have a desktop that happens to be able to sit on your lap. :)

7. dark knight

dark knight New Member

Oct 16, 2004
    The thing I really like about my built in one is the way it comes with Tivo information - with an external one is it easy to transfer from a Tivo recording and label it, etc.? Seems a lot less simple.

Does any company still make one?

8. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Nobody makes DVD combo TiVos anymore. You can get Humax units from Weaknees, or it or other units second hand.