HBO pixelating

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by pauldtaz, Sep 7, 2007.

1. pauldtaz

pauldtaz New Member

Feb 7, 2006

Advertisements

Did anybody else see pixelating problems on HBO West when the Justin concert was on last night 9/6/07?
    I switched to a local channel and didn't have any problems. It seemed to be only on HBO. Also checked my satelite signal and that was fine too.

2. Christobal

Christobal New Member

Oct 9, 2002
    VA
    Hmmmm....

Now that you mention it, I had severe pixelation during Entourage and Flight of the Conchords on Sunday night EAST Coast. (non HD)

Showtime 2 was also giving me problems all throughout Big Brother After Dark last week. I haven't been watching it this week to see if it's cleared up.

Signal strength was and is very good.

:(

3. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    Starz! always looks pixelated, isn't it normal for Directv? Most movies with a lot of dark scenes are almost unwatchable due to the compression.

4. pauldtaz

pauldtaz New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    I have also had severe pixelation on HBO East during Entourage.

5. Scott40

Scott40 New Member

Aug 20, 2007

Advertisements

And, this is what Directv calls crystal clear digital tv? I don't think so. All they keep doing is compressing their signals more and more, which makes them worse. If they keep on doing this, they might as well turn all the signals off cause the service will not be worth having.

6. Christobal

Christobal New Member

Oct 9, 2002
    VA
    When I said "pixelation" i meant SEVERE breakups with audio dropouts. Not just bad picture quality.

C

7. Scott40

Scott40 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    In that case, you may have cable or equipment issues.

8. bulldog511

bulldog511 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Noticed this on many stations after 6.3 upgrade reboots have stopped but now this.

9. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I've gotten a bunch of pixilation recently, FOX, HBO, even NESN

going to call tomorrow