HBO Max

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by ericlhyman, Dec 17, 2020.

1. ericlhyman

ericlhyman Member

May 19, 2001
    Silver...

Advertisements

I am very unhappy with Tivo Bolt and Bolt Vox failure to support HBO Max. Will this be changing?

2. take5

take5 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Well, same for Roamio. My Roamio has an HBO app, which now doesn't work for no reason, and an HBO MAX app would be different how, thus impossible? BS.

This very day I got HBO MAX on my ROKU, and ROKU has YouTube TV, and TiVo pushed a change through to trash my channel line-up this evening. I think the universe is speaking to me.... I have been with TiVo since Series 1, but the end may be quite near.

Off to manually record Colbert because TiVo doesn't know what channel he's on. That's convenient.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    If not, there are plenty of cheap devices that do support the services you're looking for.

4. Random User 7

Random User 7 Incognito

Oct 19, 2014
    Yay, a third thread!

dianebrat, cwerdna and osu1991 like this.
  5. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

Advertisements

there would need to be an app developed for tivo

cwerdna likes this.
  6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Same answer as the other 3+ threads on the same subject.
    Very doubtful

cwerdna likes this.
  7. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    ... by HBO, Time Warner, AT&T ... whatever corporate entity controls the budget for HBO Max app development.

Yup. It would be tough to be arguing for the development of a HBO Max app for the TiVo DVR platform when the DVR company, itself, is allowing its retail business to atrophy. That said, I'd think that cable providers using TiVo for their own DVR capability would be pushing for an HBO Max app, assuming any existing on demand access would be more limited than the HBO Max catalog.

cwerdna likes this.