HBO Max

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by spherular, May 27, 2020.

1. spherular

spherular Member

Jan 16, 2014
    just launched and works on the TiVo Stream pretty well. I've not checked if it is integrated..yet. may fix the hbo go issue!

Bonus for me is that the apk ripped from the Stream 4K works on the fire stick when side loaded!

Noelmel likes this.
  2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    You're saying the Android TV HBO MAX APK worked properly on a Fire Stick? That's good to know!

Noelmel likes this.
  3. jimpmc

jimpmc Active Member

Oct 31, 2001
    According to the press, there isn't expected to be an official HBO Max app on Fire TV for the foreseeable future. They are apparently at an impasse in terms of negotiations. Roku is also missing now, but that is expected to be worked out.

Noelmel likes this.
  4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes I saw that. Which is why the workaround above to side load Android TV HBO MAX APK to the Fire Stick is big news if indeed it works.

Noelmel likes this.
  5. Stu2

Stu2 Stu

May 27, 2020
    I successfully side-loaded HBO MAX on my Fire TV Stick 4K using Aptoide. The app icon says HBO Now, but when I open it, it's HBO Max; it works really well!

How to Install Aptoide TV APK on Firestick, Fire TV, & Android Box (2019)

moyekj likes this.
  6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Thanks. Worked for me following your instructions. The only issue I ran into is I already had HBO NOW installed, and it wouldn't let me install HBO MAX stating it was already installed. So I had to first uninstall HBO NOW and then install HBO MAX via "Aptoide".

7. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Unfortunately HBO MAX didn't bring in "My List" from HBO NOW, so I have to re-do it all.

Noelmel likes this.
  8. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Glad it’s available since I have a Roku TV and not on there (yet). I did notice things in my shows still say “HBO NOW” even though I updated the app to MAX. I tried searching MAX originals. They don’t show up yet. Hopefully an update to the stream 4K till fix this since NOW was integrated I assume MAX will be too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Fire Stick search didn't find HBO MAX original "Love Life", but in the app itself I found it.

10. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    They just posted this on FB
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. thyname

thyname Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2010
    N. Virginia
    Stupid question: is the live tv HBO on HBO Max?

12. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
  13. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I had HBO through iTunes on my Apple TV. I tried to access HBO Max with no luck.

14. kiadontknow

kiadontknow New Member

Jun 8, 2018
    No, at least I can't seem to find anyway to watch the actual HBO channel on HBO Max anymore. Still, everything on the HBO channel is available to stream at the same time it's available on the channel. Only now you control when the movie starts\ends and can pause whenever you'd like.

Noelmel likes this.
  15. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Thanks. I was able copy the HBO Max apk from the Tivo stream 4K using the X-Plore app to a computer. To install on the Firestick 4K, I used ADBLink running on a PC. Super easy and thanks again.

16. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Reelgood already sent email saying they are supporting HBO MAX catalog of shows. Let's see how many weeks/months TiVo takes.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Mikeguy, babsonnexus and Noelmel like this.
  17. babsonnexus

babsonnexus Active Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Came here to say the same thing: fully aggegated in just a couple of days! It was actually even up well before they sent the email, so they did a soft launch for a day or so to make sure it was fine.

mschnebly, Mikeguy and Noelmel like this.
  18. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Don't know about anyone else, but the side loaded HBO MAX on my FireStick stopped working recently (noticed yesterday). When trying to launch it would just say "unsupported". I had to uninstall and install HBO NOW in its place. Guess I'll just wait for the official HBO MAX app for Fire Stick if that will ever happen.

19. Scott R. Scherr

Scott R. Scherr Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Baltimore
  20. fredi

fredi Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Maryland
    Thought it was strange that I couldn't find HBO Max on my fire stick. Maybe this is a sign that they will soon add the AT&T WatchTV app to the TiVo Stream 4K.

Noelmel likes this.