HBO Go

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TrackZ, Dec 19, 2015.

1. TrackZ

TrackZ Member

Jan 5, 2004
    MI

Advertisements

Got my new Bolt set up last night. Was adding one passes on my phone. Searched for Real Time on HBO. Interestingly, the little service icons that show up for Amazon, Netlfix, and such if a show is available also have an HBO Go icon among them. I took a screenshot on my phone. I'll try to post later. That should be another good sign.

Tried some other HBO shows like GoT and the icon shows up consistently.

2. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Must be close, I see it also, a different HBOGo logo also shows up for the Roamio and Premiere.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Have you looked to see what's listed in your "Video Providers" list?
    TiVo Central
    > Settings & Messages
    > Channel & App Settings
    > My Video Providers​

p.s. Thanks for the info.

4. TrackZ

TrackZ Member

Jan 5, 2004
    MI
    When I set it up last night, that list only showed the usual stuff. No HBO. Actually, my Bolt wouldn't even update the latest firmware yet, despite trying to force calls several times. It doesn't show WWE or Hulu apps.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada

Advertisements

The icons on the phone don't really mean anything. The phone apps have the ability to launch external apps for shows you find in search. It may be an indication that they've integrated HBOGo data into search, but not necessarily an indication that HBOGo is coming to the TiVo itself.

6. NashGuy

NashGuy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    Yeah, the TiVo app for iOS has included search results for HBOGo for months now (maybe even since last year), so no reason to get excited about it. Clicking an HBO title will just launch the separate HBOGo app on your device but doesn't take you to the title itself within the app. It would seem that TiVo has been anticipating fully incorporating HBOGo into OnePass for some time now, I guess hoping that HBO would soon port their HBOGo app to TiVo.

A reason to be hopeful, however, is the fact that TiVo has recently been found listed as a supported device within the HBOGo config file:
    http://zatznotfunny.com/2015-12/tivo-hbo-go/

Seems unlikely that HBO's own code would mention TiVo 288 times if they didn't have a version of their app in the works for that platform!

7. Bigg

Bigg Cord Cutter

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    It would only make sense to integrate HBO Go and HBO Now, especially since HBO has one of the few compelling VOD offerings, and doing HBO VOD over HBO Now would cover a lot more people, and be a lot more reliable than via XFinity On Demand.