HBO GO on Time Warner issue - won't activate

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by dougdingle, Feb 23, 2016.

1. dougdingle

dougdingle HD Tech

Jul 4, 2007
    West Coast

Advertisements

When I try to activate the service on my Roamio Plus, the HBO GO site says Time Warner is not one of the available HBO suppliers once I select the TiVo as my device. I'm in Los Angeles.

There are a hundred minor, tiny cablecos, including a bunch of local University outlets available, but Time Warner is not one of them.

I had no problem activating HBO GO on my three Rokus, so this is not a Time Warner problem.

Why roll out a feature that doesn't work on one of largest cable suppliers in the country?

2. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    You bet your donkey this is a Time Warner Cable problem. TWC is the entity not allowing authentication, not TiVo. HBO and TWC negotiate this issue, not TiVo.

Back when the HBOGO app was introduced on the Sony PS3 TWC wasn't one of the participants, either. I think it was about a year before TWC finally let HBOGO authenticate, so I wasn't surprised not to see it available at roll-out for the TiVo HBOGO app. Disappointed maybe, but not surprised.

3. expmag

expmag RehobothJeff

Dec 12, 2004
    Rehoboth...
    Also not showing Comcast Xfinity on my Tivo although I subscribe to HBO. Comcast is an option on my iPhone using the HBO app.

4. irisr

irisr Member

Jun 29, 2015
  5. dougdingle

dougdingle HD Tech

Jul 4, 2007
    West Coast

Advertisements

I filed a complaint with the FCC. There's no point in contacting TW, I've been through that before - you get a call from a sympathetic PR person who says they're working on it, offers you six months of free Showtime, then files with the FCC that they've contacted you and have worked something out.