HBO Go app Zoomed

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by rtbrice, Jun 11, 2020.

1. rtbrice

rtbrice New Member

Jun 11, 2020
    For the last 3 days any movie I attempt to watch on the hbo go app on my bolt is zoomed in. I can only see about 50% of the intended image. The hbo go menu screen is not zoomed, just the movie after the hbo title screen and rating screen. No other app, live tv, or recordings are doing this.

any idea how to fix?

Jim Crumley and donkeykong like this.
  2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Before opening HBO Go, can you change to an SD channel and make sure you are not in Zoom or Full mode?

Scott

3. rtbrice

rtbrice New Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Yeah, I tried that. No luck.

4. tfross

tfross New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I’ve been having the same problem. I have tried unchecking the HBO GO app. Connecting to the network. Rechecking the HBO GO app. I have tried rebooting the TiVo box. I have tried calling TiVo and I have gone to the HBO GO website. I have logged a support request there but I have not heard anything back.

It’s the strangest thing. It’s as though the content stream is shifted 2 inches down and about 6 inches off to the side on my screen. But it’s totally normal for all the main navigation menus and it’s totally normal as it showing the standard content warnings. It’s only when the content itself, whether movie or TV show, begins to stream that everything is no longer centered properly on the screen. And changing the aspect ratio doesn’t help either. It simply demonstrates that the content is not positioned correctly. It doesn’t allow you to see what goes off the edge even if you make the aspect ratio too small for the screen.

donkeykong and rtbrice like this.
  5. frustration

frustration New Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Same thing happening to me. Exactly as 'tfross' describes it.

6. Mark Bakken

Mark Bakken New Member

Jun 14, 2020
    Same thing happens to me when I try and watch anything on HBO Go from my TiVo Bolt. Just started happening around 6/11/20. Tried rebooting TiVo box. Restarted router, checked internet. I use Spectrum. All other streaming apps work great on TiVo. It's un-seable as is. When I use Chromecast to stream HBO go from my phone it works great on the TV. Just annoying to have to do that. Someone broke something when they updated some code. Please do more testing before upgrading.

7. garyschmidt78

garyschmidt78 New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I heard HBO Go is going bye-bye. HBO will be shutting it down soon in lieu of HBO Max . I wouldn't worry too much about it.

8. rtbrice

rtbrice New Member

Jun 11, 2020
    I don’t hold out much hope that the Bolt will add HBO Max. But I would like my app (that I pay for) to work properly.

9. mrfantasy

mrfantasy New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    I emailed TiVo Support and was given the following instructions:

Thank you for contacting TiVo Email Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you. To resolve this issue, kindly go to Apps > Add and Manage Apps

1. Uncheck the app (press Select while the app is highlighted).
    2. Force a Connection to the TiVo Service
    3. Return to Add and Manage Apps and put a check mark in the box next to the app name (see Step 3, above, for the menu path).
    4. Force another connection to the TiVo Service.
    5. Sign out of the app and back into it.
    6. Restart or Powercycle the TiVo Device

This did nothing.

10. rtbrice

rtbrice New Member

Jun 11, 2020
    did nothing For me either.

11. Seth141

Seth141 New Member

Apr 12, 2020
    So I was browsing the hbo go website and found this:

Can I still stream HBO GO?
    You can stream HBO GO on your computer at HBOGO.com and on TiVo devices. The HBO GO app will no longer be available for other devices after July 31, 2020.

So this implies that the TiVo dvrs will still have the hbo go app after other devices will no longer have it.

12. mlbrowninsc

mlbrowninsc New Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I was having the zoom issue as well. After setting up a change in my theater system I ended up with the bolt on a didn’t hdmi. Reset everything and set the TiVo back up on my Samsung tv. Since it’s been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jim Crumley

Jim Crumley New Member

Jun 23, 2020
    This solution did nothing for me either.
    I tried forcing the TiVo into other video modes (720p and 480p) and that didn't help either.