Hawaii Post DTV transition issue.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kiko, Feb 2, 2009.

1. kiko

kiko New Member

Jun 27, 2005

Advertisements

In Hawaii, our transition date was January 15th.

For all the OTA channels that moved to a post transition frequency, the TiVo has no guide data for the real channels, but has the data for the old frequency.

For example:

KITV-DT 4.1 was on frequency 4 and is now on 40.
    KGMB-DT 9.1 was on frequency 9 and now on 22.

Once the transition happened, I had to re-scan for the channels to pickup the new/correct ones.

I have a case open with TiVo, but they expect 5 to 7 days to get the issue corrected. So in the mean time, nothing can record on the OTA channels that moved.

I hope for the rest of the country that moves in 15 days that this doesn't happen.

2. TVDave2

TVDave2 New Member

May 9, 2002
    I noticed this too! My TiVo HD was broken during the transition, but I immediately noticed NONE of the OTA channels have any guide data. Like you said, rescanning finds the channels, but they have no guide data. I've had TiVo since 2000, and the other competing computer solutions are looking better and better to me every day.

3. TVDave2

TVDave2 New Member

May 9, 2002
    I just called them and opened up another ticket too so hopefully they get to it faster. Back in 2000 they would do lineup changes that day, but now it takes 5 days. Last year for about a month they had completely wrong guide data for KHON Channel 2-1 and 2-2. KHON said it was temporary and because one of their digital transmitters broke or something and were waiting on new equipment. I reported it to TiVo and they said they'd work it, but they never did change their guide listings. It only worked again when KHON put their listings back to normal.