Hawaii 5-0 (season finale) OAD 5/16/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Graymalkin, May 17, 2011.

1. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    BIG SPOILERS AHEAD!

So Wo Fat assassinates the governor and pins it on McGarrett. Five-0 is basically dissolved, NCIS-style.

Twelve hours later, Moody's Investors Service downgrades the State of Hawaii (for real).

Coincidence? :D

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    So was this the series finale?

If not, then the writers are going to have to pull a fast one to get out of this mess.

3. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    It's been renewed for the next season.

Too bad about Laura Hills getting killed, as that means no more Kelly Hu guest stints.

4. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Unless they want the entire next season to be like a rehash of Prison Break then the search for Wo Fat will have to speed up. I wasn't a big fan of the original series, but wasn't Wo Fat like McGarrett's Moriarty, who he tried to catch through most of the show's run?

It would be some stunt to get McGarrett off w/o pinning the Governor's murder on Wo Fat. Revealing the link between him and the Governor would only seem to add to McGarrett's motive rather than shift the suspicion off of him.

5. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Not really. McGarrett has two things to say about what happened. One, he didn't pull the trigger. Two, he was ambushed and electrocuted by the guy who did pull the trigger. As for one, tests should reveal he had no GSR on his clothing. That would be impossible if he had pulled the trigger. As for two, he has electrocution marks on his neck that corroborate his story, but there was no such device found at the scene. That's how writers with a clue do it, anyway. I have no idea what they will actually come up with.

There was no reason for Danno's ex-wife and daughter to move to Jersey, they could have moved in with him. I presume this was purely to remove them as guest stars next season.

6. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Spoilers about Wo Fat in the original 1960s series:
    Wo Fat appeared in the series pilot, was featured in 11 episodes, and wasn't finally captured until the SERIES finale.

7. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    The McGarrett thing pretty much has to hang on those two things. But, maybe they have some other magic up their sleeves.

I don't get why the went the route they did with Danno's ex-wife and daughter. No good reason and having them there provided the grounding and motivation that he needs. TV characters without a back story are nowhere near as interesting. I hope they revisit that decision.

8. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    CBS has not officially renewed many of their hit shows, including Hawaii Five-0.

9. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Hawaii 5-0 was officially renewed this morning (May 18).

10. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Looks like I'm going to stop watching this show. My DVR's free space was down around 10% and I had 10 Hawaii 5-0 sitting on there. The most of any other show I have is 3-4. I didn't specifically not like the show, but I just never seem to be interested in watching it.

11. DVC California

DVC California Member

Jun 4, 2004
    I was under the impression that the only reason Danno took a job with HPD was to be close to his daughter. With her and the ex back in Jersey, he really doesn't need to stay in Hawaii.

12. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    That's my point. In the unlikely chance he stays, he has no roots. If he leaves the show the cast would be screwed up so they need him stay and therefore they need the ex and kid.

13. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Ok. Thanks for sharing :D

14. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    At least for the immediate future Danno will stay to help get Kono and Steve out of jail. Maybe giving him new roots since he did promise to meet his wife and kid at the airport and then bailed on them to help McGarrett.

15. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I know it's asking a lot for a show to be a little bit like real life, but ...

Do most people have a job where they are just gonna say "F- it" and just fly across the country and not even process out with their HR department? I'm thinking Danno might have a hard time getting another police job if he just walks away from this one.

16. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    He could take a "leave of absence" with 5-0, get the wife and kid settled in Jersey, and then come back to Hawaii and do the paperwork to formally leave -- TV doesn't need to show that.

17. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I agree...and why did they have to leave THAT night? Just seemed forced.

18. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I'm not entirely sure he was actually leaving with them that night. He did say earlier that he was going to clean up his current caseload at 5-0 and then join them permanently in New Jersey.

19. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    no, I actually believe he said he WOULD go back with them and THEN come back and clean up his open cases in the future.

either way, it was dumb and made no sense.

20. ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
    Since when does Hawaiian airlines fly to Newark.