Hawaii 5-0 on Sunday the 23rd?

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by sieglinde, Jan 12, 2011.

1. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA

Advertisements

My Tivo Guide has gotten as far as Sunday January 23rd and shows a new episode of Hawaii 5-0. I am mystified as to why but at least it doesn't seem to have interfered with anything.

2. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Did you look on CBS website? Mystify might of ended there.

AFC championship game on just before it.

3. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I better check the schedule again and pad if needed but I doubt it since I live on the West Coast. Any overage of the game can be absorbed by local news.

4. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    ooh, thanks for the reminder to pad....

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA

Advertisements

Hawaii 5-0 is normally on Monday so something weird is happening on Monday the 24th. Football is only on Saturday's and Sundays right now.

6. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    A "Hawaii Five-O" repeat is airing in its regular time slot on the 24th.

7. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I wonder if they are testing the Sunday time slot.

8. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Right after the AFC championship game, probably trying to get new viewers.

phox

9. SorenTodd

SorenTodd New Member

May 26, 2009
    And if I'm not mistaken, H5O will air right after the football game in every single time zone. So yes, padding will be essential.

10. TIVO_GUY_HERE

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Like i said in 2nd Post, AFC game (CBS's biggest game of year) is on before it.

Just like Fox is doing with GLEE after the superbowl, CBS is putting it's most hyped show after their big game.

11. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Their normal timeslot is Monday not Sunday so they are dealing with the football game on purpose. I wonder why?

12. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Get viewers, plain and simple.

If CBS had the Superbowl this year, they'd put Hawaii 5-0 on after, but they don't, so they're putting in on after the 2nd biggest game of the year.

phox

13. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Oh, so the non-sports fans or non-football fans have to monitor these games to be sure to get Hawaii 5-0? Oh, crap!!! I just checked my To do list and Hawaii 5-0 is on at 7 pm in the Los Angeles TV area. Right after the game!!!! I padded it by an hour.
    Everyone knows that games can run over and they usually want to have at least a half hour to discuss it afterwards. Since the winner goes to the Superbowl, I suspect they will not cut the post-game show.
    (I have no dog in this fight because there is not a single team west of the Rockies to root for)

14. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    I just thought about this... With the new Overtime RULES in the NFL it might be necessary to pad for more than 1 hour.

15. bigpuma

bigpuma Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2003
    Morgan Hill, CA
    I would say pad it by more just in case. The playoff games tend to run over even more with longer commercial breaks and there is always the possibility of overtime. It sounds like they are putting this on right after the game to try and pull in new viewers.

16. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Or honk off the loyal viewers by putting it after a game that many won't even know is on TV.

17. Mister B

Mister B Member

Jan 23, 2011
    El Paso...
    Was the game actually over early? I sat down to watch Hawaii 5-0 yesterday and had only recorded the last 12 minutes of the episode. The show must have started 48 minutes early. I would expect a late start but not early.

18. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I am in the Pacific Time zone and Hawaii 5.0 ended at about 8:13 or so. Since the show was shown right after the game, I cannot see how that could happen in any time zone. Are you in the Central time zone, sometimes their TV scheduling is weird? Oh, I just noticed that you live in Texas. They do weird things with the Central Time Zone. Evidently the show is shown on Hulu or somewhere else with full episodes.

19. Mister B

Mister B Member

Jan 23, 2011
    El Paso...
    Actually, El Paso Texas is in the Mountain Time Zone. I had it to start on Sunday at 8:59 PM, so if it ended at 8:13 for you that would have been 9:13 for me, which is what happened. Maybe the guide should have shown that it was comming on at 8:00 PM for us.

20. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Mountain time is never mentioned on any advertisment for a show. I bet Tribune was off also. I first noticed it was on at 7 pm local time when I was looking at my todo list.